Sitting DART (1 Viewer)

Undertoad

HSC
Is there much difference between places to sit the test? I've got the choice of Castle Hill, Hornsby or Ryde? Any better than the others?
Thanks.

CieL

HSC
The people that test you? Tricky spots?
But if you're a good driver, none of that should deter you.

Personally I went to Hornsby.. and I sat there quite awhile.. the old man I had failed some people, passed some people.. so it's not like he failed everyone..

I've never driven the Asquith area but I still managed to pass.. so in the end it all comes down to yourself

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I went to Castle Hill and passed first time there. It's not too hard provided you know the place pretty well (eg. the 25 zone, the stop signs, lots of roundabouts, etc...) and patience is very much needed when coming off onto Showground Road.

My sister did hers at Hornsby and also passed first time- with only 13 hours I think.

Btw, the difference between places I think is just the course/route and whilst there may be leniency or more areas to fail you on (eg. more stop signs or more round abouts)- if you're a good driver, it shouldn't really make a difference.

EDIT: I think the time slot you book it however does make a difference... it's definitely a lot easier when you don't have to worry about little kids/school kids running out onto the street and crazy parents rushing to drop off their kids and get to work. I personally did mine at 10:15am and the traffic was pretty good. The Castle Hill test wasn't too bad 'coz not that many cars so only had to wait a little while to turn out onto showground.

CieL

HSC
Meh I did mine with school zone + rain... it seriously doesn't make a difference as long as you see the sign and slow down.. plus slow down more if the road is slippery.. Actually I think that might be even easier.. when all cars are going slow.. you're so stuck jammed you can't even speed even if you wanted to hahahhaa

Pace_T

HSC
yea mine (at liverpool) was quick as well.felt like 10 minutes.

Undertoad

HSC
Ok thanks, i think i might do it at hornsby cause i know the area best.

phungus

HSC
Hey guys, i'm doing me P's test at Beverly Hills RTA on Wednesday at 4:20pm. Just wondering if anyone here also did their test there and if there's anything that i have to watch out for or anything tricky in that area?

Also when you're reverse parallel parking, is it that you have 7m's to reverse behind the car? I dunno, i don't have a prof driving instructor, just heard that off a friend...bcoz if it is, then i can just reverse behind a little wide to avoid hitting the curb and then adjust goign forward easily =)

Cheers

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I also heard the 7m thing... But not exactly sure how it works but I'm thinking that when reverse parking, you're allowed to go as far back as 7m without failing? *shrugs*

CieL

HSC
If you perfect it you won't have to worry about those rules.

phungus

HSC
Passed :)

But f@#$ i hate the guy who took me on the test. I never knew you weren't allowed to reverse a little to make room for the front of your car (although i probably didn't have to, it was very tight though) after you reverse parallel and are leaving the kerb. He told me off for that but i didn't get any marks deducted.

Apparently you aren't allowed to have your windscreen wipers on when its sprinkling and you enter an area that has tree cover. Told me to 3pt turn and then go back out anyway which meant i had to put em back on... :burn: That's what he took a mark off me for.

Oh well passed.

Some_Guy

HSC
Pace_T said:
yea mine (at liverpool) was quick as well.felt like 10 minutes.
holy shit im gonna try there next.

i just failed my third attempt at manly. i highly recommend not going there cos there are heaps of little instant fail traps about the place. it really sucks because i got 90+ for each test but got 1 instant fail as well :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)