Skinnies or wider bootlegs/flares?

• Gimme skinnies!!!

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • Bootlegs and flares

Votes: 65 63.7%

• Total voters

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Do you prefer skinny jeans, or the traditional bootlegs or even flares?

Personally, I like skinnies the best. They're my new obsession. Lee Supatubes are awesome. Bought a pair a few weeks ago and love them :)

HSC
N/A
Bootleg, bootleg, bootleg.

I think as a whole they're a bit more universally flattering than the skinnyleg jeans (which I have to say, don't suit everyone. Look amazingly hot on some people, but REALLY not everyone).

Kulazzi

HSC
I think you have to take into account the current fashion. ie skinnylegs are now the 'in' look whereas flares/bootlegs were 'in' in 2001-2002. Just to let you know, I still have my black flares from 2001 :p

But I still like skinny legs as well. There's like an Indian version type called the 'churidaar' which is in Indian fashion these days as well (which was also the fashion in the 50's). I bought heaps of these when I went to India

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Kulazzi said:
I think you have to take into account the current fashion. ie skinnylegs are now the 'in' look whereas flares/bootlegs were 'in' in 2001-2002. Just to let you know, I still have my black flares from 2001 :p

But I still like skinny legs as well. There's like an Indian version type called the 'churidaar' which is in Indian fashion these days as well (which was also the fashion in the 50's). I bought heaps of these when I went to India

They look awesome!

I used to love flares, I still do - but the really, really flary ones - like from the 60s.

Kulazzi

HSC
Ellie_Belly said:
They look awesome!

I used to love flares, I still do - but the really, really flary ones - like from the 60s.
They are. But, like skinnylegs, they only look good on girls who have slim legs.

I don't like the flary-flary ones, otherwise I trip on them :eek: I haven't worn my flares since last year! But I have bootleg jeans and they look very sophisticated when wearing boots with them. But then again, it's been ages since I've worn that as well.

All three are ok but I'm just not used to the western skinnylegs for some reason. The only skinnylegs I'll wear is the churidaar :)

frootloop

HSC
Skinny and flare are really faddy cuts... skinny legs don't suit everyone like how flares don't suit everyone.

Bootlegs will flatter just about anyone and the cut won't go out of date.

frootloop

HSC
kathelle said:
I think that we are going to look back on skinny jeans and cringe. I mean look at them and tell me if there isnt a little niggling thought in th back of your mind that there is something wrong. I think it will be a fashion mistake when we look back.
Agreed agreed agreed.

But at the moment some people do look really good in them. Damn their skinny legs and confidence! There's no way I could pull them off.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I live in my bootcuts. I'm too much of a shortarse for skinnies, and flares, well, no.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
kathelle said:
I think that we are going to look back on skinny jeans and cringe. I mean look at them and tell me if there isnt a little niggling thought in th back of your mind that there is something wrong. I think it will be a fashion mistake when we look back.
But that's what fashion is for! If you don't take a risk it wouldn't be fashion

arrested development
HSC
Skinnies only look[ed] good on skinny boys from the 80's who also wore make up. That was hot. Skinnies should have been left alone at that. They look retarded on most people now.

Skeeta

HSC
yeah as much as i love skinnies

(it almost all i've got in my cupboard these days)

i know that bootlegs suit everyone like a million times more.. its a balancing act really

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Bootcut x a gazillion. They're so much more flattering and look great with any shoe.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
bootcuts alll the way though i don't wear boots lol. I wear them with havs or ballet flats :D

Skinnies are everywhere and although i don't simply not wear them cos of that, but i hate looking like a "skinnes, singlet, cardigan, havs" clone. I think I can wear them but I just hate the look of them. I heard they are comfortable but I've always worn bootlegs and love them.

Not into the whole trendy skinnies thing I guess.

Edit: I HATE flares though, I wish the poll would separate them lol. Subtle flattering bootcuts are so much nicer. Esp in darker shades.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Bootlegs. Skinnies, with my chubby legs....I just wouldn't go there. I agree we'll look back at them and cringe. I don't see how it's any different to the straight-legged, high waisted 80's fashion we all find so hideous today.

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Skinny legs look better on me than bootlegs. The bootlegs I have don't suit me or fit me that well.
But I probably will cringe when I look back. Oh well. Live for the moment I guess!

HSC
flares make it look like my legs are being swallowed by my jeans or something, but then again i don't like jeans that are skinny to the point of looking like denim leggings 'cause i think they look a bit retarded. somewhere in between is good for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)