Skinny jeans (1 Viewer)

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
ninja-boy said:
Im 16, well i brought a pair, i shouldnt have, lol cause it makes my upper body look big, cause my skeletal frame is big for an asian. I dont know what kind of jeans to get, my freind recommeded me to 501's levis but there all outta stock at parramatta.
They were $65, after 50% off at zero. O well, now i need some well cut jeans cause all mine are baggy, or too lose :S, where can i find some good wellcut ones under like $100
Jeans west is pretty good (the one at Kotara is anyway - don't know about other places)

ninja-boy

HSC
dont think it suits me, fuck wasted $65, what are some jeans type and brand that are like not baggy but not tight, like DownInFames picture??? and where i can i get it?

CieL

HSC
blacksunset said:
they can look good - but in all honesty - on very few people
they have the tendency to make legs look short - which can produce the "stumpy leg" look... my best friend has that problem...
wear them if u feel confident - they have to be a confidence thing...
they look fab with flats and boots.. :)
i have a pair of Nudie ones - which are shit expensive but SO worth it
the bettina liano ones are also fab but dont stretch as much.. and white suede are great too!
dont get lee riders -t hey stretch too much. lee is ok tho not lee riders
You do realise we're talking skinnies for a GUY right?

ninja-boy said:
dont think it suits me, fuck wasted $65, what are some jeans type and brand that are like not baggy but not tight, like DownInFames picture??? and where i can i get it?
You don't look in the mirror when you buy jeans or something?
Those jeans are EVERYWHERE..
Levi and Wrangler makes those cuts.. well, that's what I notice my bf wearing

DownInFlames

Token Member
HSC
ninja-boy said:
That pic was from a jeans west catalogue.

look around, try lots of pairs on, even ask an assistant and describe what you want.

jaykhu

HSC
if you arent sure whats available at the moment, have a look at denimbar: www.denimbaronline.com

theyre very pricey jeans and you might not want to spend that level, but the pictures give u a good idea of what type of cuts are available and look like e.g bootcut, slim, straight, tapered, skinny fits.

nudie is a very popular brand but they are very expensive. other brands i would recommend are lee, ksubi, nudie, corpus, cheap monday.

you can find these at boutique stores along oxford paddington, or maple in newtown. also try INCU in the galleries victoria.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
just go to supre.
$45.
numerous washes.
now selling cutoffs aswell.

i pretty much live in skinnies. have for the past 2.5yrs.
and i pretty much only wear golf punk and supre skinnies. although, i have a pair of jayjays skinnies, and lee supatubes.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
noir. said:
plenty of guys wear girls' skinny legs
that would be a bit awkward going to supre and trying on girls jeans

killyridols

HSC
take my advice. don't do it!!!!
i've seen way too many tandoori tan footballer he-man types with no necks wearing girls skinny jeans (especially the coloured ones) which has made those jeans on guys totes puke-worthy by association. . .

DownInFlames

Token Member
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
just go to supre.
$45.
numerous washes.
now selling cutoffs aswell.

i pretty much live in skinnies. have for the past 2.5yrs.
and i pretty much only wear golf punk and supre skinnies. although, i have a pair of jayjays skinnies, and lee supatubes.
lol I feel weird even walking past supre. maybe that's the epilepsy playing up

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
DownInFlames said:
lol I feel weird even walking past supre. maybe that's the epilepsy playing up
hahahaha.

i had to go to supre to find part of a costume for a dress up party. it felt wrong. i got in, speed-shopped, paid, got out.

thank god noone i knew saw me there :eek:

Paintbrush

HSC
Levis 511's are slim without being tight, 514's are too, theyre a bit baggier. If you want the real skinny jeans get the ladies ones haha just jeans or general pants is where its at.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
They only look nice on guys that are skinny and tall. And must be accompanied by a pair of converse sneakers (or similar), and an oversized shirt or a nice jacket. Or for a less emo effect, shirt tucked in with a giant belt buckle perhaps

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
noir. said:
i know. even going to Supre would be awkward too.
+1
I hate going in there or even just walking past it.. I always get glared up and down because I wear my clothes the right size rather than 10 sizes too small..

I lol at the number of guys that sit out the front waiting for like 30 mins while their girlfriends try stuff on.. But it is fun though to go in there and make fun of the 10 year olds who start pulling out all the slutty clothes to go try on and making comments like 'you've got the wrong store, Pumpkin Patch is just down the road hun'.

On topic though, I love my skinny leg jeans, have 3 pairs. When you get them though try on a few sizes, so if you're an 8 normally, grab 7,8,9 and 10 sizes if they have them. Quite often the 7 and 8 will be freakishly tight, the 10 will fit well but you'll need to get the 9 because even though they seem too tight, they stretch.. Or that's what I've noticed when I've bought mine at least!

Heaps of guys wear girls skinnies! The girl's ones from Cotton On fit guys really well! I went in there with my mate looking for some jeans, and the guy serving told him to try on the girls ones.. He was a bit put off at first but they fitted him heaps better than the guys ones!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)