• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

skipping QMB lecs (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
hey for those who did qmb, is it ok to skip 1 of the 2 lectures a week or do u think it'l be too hard
thanx

Dwight

HSC
Go ahead and skip them. I didn't show up to many after the first few weeks/didn't listen even if I did show up and found that Yeung's lecture notes were quite adequate by themselves, if you read them at home. I ended up just missing out on a hd...then again, the course is different for each individual so don't sue me please :D

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
depends on who you are I guess.. some people don't need to attend at all

lucifel

narcissitic angel
HSC
well just be sure to supplement not going to lectures with actually reading the textbooks and going to/listenning in tutes. otherwise, you're not going to pass.

ace

is retired
HSC
thing about the commerce courses i've taken
(acct1501/acct1511/econ1101/econ1102/fins1612/fins1613)

So far the lecturers have merely read off the lecture slides, maybe a adjective change here and there, but basically just back to reading off the lecture slides to the class.

No special or new knowledge imparted in the lectures. So if you can read the lecture notes by yourself at home (or applicable) then skipping commerce lectures seems fine. Of course if you can't settle yourself to read the lecture notes and want the lecturer to basically read them to you, then commerce lectures is the place to go.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)