Skool Cert affects HSC? (1 Viewer)

SDuke

HSC
My chemistry teacher told the class that the board of studies would align our skool marks accordingly to how well we do in the actually HSC and how well the skool did in the school certificate.

I have never heard of the skool certificate contributing to the HSC and questioned him, but he said that what he said is true.

Can some1 pls clarify this...many thanks

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
The school certificate will NOT effect your School marks for your HSC or exam marks... it is a completely seperate exam... your class marks are based on year 12 not year 11 work especially not year 10 .. ^_^;;
depending on how your class went in the school certificate may have some type of indication but no always people do progress over 2 years (hopefully) - and the exams are very different to eachother.

SDuke

HSC
Yeah that's what i thought.

I was freaking out if our skool cert did contribute to the HSC, coz my yr did terrible in english, only 2 band 6s (even the dux got below band 6).

Since then the skool has been punishing us with extra english lessons focusing on paper 1.

Neway thanks again

SDuke

HSC
whoops...forgot to log out my sis account.

So yeah i go newington college. Last yr my skool didnt perform to well in the HSC.
Hopefully this yr will do better.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
lol skool cert to hsc?? no way

SDuke

HSC
Yeah i was certain the skool cert doesnt affect our HSC mark...i think my chem teachering was trying to scare my class as no 1 ever listerns to him.

Neway thanks for your reply ppl =)

helper

HSC
N/A
For the marks you receive no, but schools are given data comparing how you went in the HSC to the SC.

Mandy101

HSC
Apparently your SC is an 'indication' of how you'll perform in the HSC. But I mean, that's total BS. I didn't try at all in year ten (still got band 5/6s) but I wasn't ranked like in the top ten or anything - this year I'm working hard and kicking serious ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)