Skrzynecki - proportion in essays (1 Viewer)

Seven3121

HSC
i'm confused about how to split my PJ essay between 2 skrzynecki poems a BOS text and a related text
i've had one teacher tell me that we split it evenly, ie. one third each. so that means the TWO poems together make up one third of the essay because skrzynecki is ONE whole text not two texts even though we do 2 poems
but another teacher told me that because we do two poems we actually have four texts (counting skrzynecki as two texts) so we should split it a quarter each. this means there would be half the essay on skrzynecki

EDIT: i'm really having problems with this because the first way you have to scrifice discussion on the poems to fit everything in but the second way you have to sacrifice your related text and/or BOS text

just wondering what others have been told

Last edited:

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
im supposed to do two peter poems-a drive in the coutry and feliks..
stimulus booklet-town where tiem stands still
and a related material yet to be found..=\

i think they want you to choose two poems because depending ont he Q that pops up for trials or hsc the poem may or migh not be suitable for it ..

hmm

Loza33

HSC
Wow i have been told by my teacher to make Skrzyencki half my essay because he is the main prescribed text, howewver the other 2/3 are small related ones! I use the ratio: one skrzynecki poem to each related text:

Basic outline
Intro
Skrzynecki
Related/BOS
Skrzynecki
Related/BOS
Skrzynecki
Related/BOS
Conclusion

Depending on time and what i have to say, i sometimes chuck another Skryznecki in at the end!

THat is why i am so glad im doing a collection of poems as each one says a different thing, is about a different time and challeneges different journey assumptions, so you can write heaps about them. If we were doing a book or something id be stuffed because it would be soo much harder!! I think

Anyway, hope that helped!

kristiemck

HSC
i kinda need a related text before i even start to portion it what is a good related ohysical journey text?

Beyond.Here

HSC
HI there.

Just a few days ago my school had the AOS English Paper One Trials. My friend on the day was a bit dazed about which related text she should incorporate into the essay. I Knew that she's a fan of Xtina Aguilera and so I suggested the song "Cruz". It apparently worked well into the question and her essay. I suggest you examine your favourite songs and see if you can find one that fits well with the chosen poems and BOS stimulas material.

I know I gave only one song- (but I know its a good one for phys journeys), but I was aiming at you finding your own- because the more original one you choose the better it is for you!

I hope I helped a little!

p.s. Off the topic a bit- do your schools get you to underline the name of your texts in your essay? And is there a penalty for not doing that.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)