sleep deprivation for HSC students (1 Viewer)

how many hours of sleep do you get per day on average, 08'ers?

• > 12

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 10 - 12

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • 8 - 10

Votes: 91 19.7%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 260 56.3%
  • < 6

Votes: 96 20.8%

• Total voters
HSC
Shocking. Of 110 people 31 have less than 6 hours sleep a day?!
That's insane.

Drmon

Optimistic Cynic
HSC
What the heck?

Lol, that is crazy guys! Chill out! You've got another three terms before everything turns upside down! You keep yourselves going on like this and no UAI in the world is going to save you from the impending insanity!

xkael

HSC
Yes, i'm finding that this stuff is really taking its toll on me - I am getting around 6 hours of sleep because of the bus and of extra studies. Not good.

Any sugestions on what I could do to get more sleep?

ZJ NingNing

HSC
Drmon said:
What the heck?

Lol, that is crazy guys! Chill out! You've got another three terms before everything turns upside down! You keep yourselves going on like this and no UAI in the world is going to save you from the impending insanity!
tell that to our teachers and parents. Man, even my next door neighbour is like: "your mum told me to tell you that you need to study hard." and I am like: "......" cos I havent moved out yet... and I see my mum like... how many hours a day?

Sarsy

HSC
Oh yeh, when the full weight of teacher expectations are pushing on you, you kinda have to work your ass off to get anywhere.

And everything counts, so why not do the work for everything?

Sweet Saz

HSC
Don't worry it gets worse :p I've just finished the HSC but one week this year I went to school on Wednesday didn't sleep Thursday night cause I pulled an all nighter doing an assesment, went to school on Thursday then pulled another all nighter Thursday night, went to school Friday and crashed out at 3:30pm. I didn't wake up until 8am the next morning. But that's me, I work best at night from 2-3am everything just clicks (don't ask me why though).
My hot tip is time management and prioritise your work. Work all your bugs out this term and get set for next year. All the best, and remember to get some sleep!

Cerry

HSC
go to bed sometime between 8 and 11, get up at 6:45 during the week. Then on weekends, go to bed around the same time, and usually wake up around 8.
I'll quite often sleep for an hour or so after school (or half an hour in a free) or during the day on the weekends, as well.
If I have work to do, but I'm buggered, I'd rather go to bed straight after dinner and get up an hour earlier in the morning, when I've had some sleep than stay up and late and get nothing done cause I'm so tired.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
never sleep for more than an hour in the afternoon, it kills you. :<

Helenoftroy

HSC
I go to bed at about 11:30pm. Sleep a bit sometimes, and wake up at 6am, depending on a minimum of three cups of coffee before school. It's not healthy, but my sleeping patterns have never been great. I'm rather looking forward to christmas hols, I think it will be time to re-assess everything before the next 10/11 months of HSCing

powerdrive

HSC
i just finished the hsc. before my last exam, physics, i went to bed at 2.15 and got up at 4.45, cos i was just full on cramming. sounds terrible, but i went alright, cos the exam was on the monday, i had heaps of sleep on the weekend.

bubucar

HSC
sleep at 12ish and wake up at 7ish sometime 6ish ~

nikkilodeon

HSC
I go to bed at 10:30 usually, wake up at 7.

So eight and a half hours of sleep, i think that's pretty healthy

Ameh0512

HSC
There's always something swimming around my mind based on school work so sleeps usually kept to a minimum. Can't wait till it's all over and I can have a good, long, deep sleep.
I'm usually in bed by 12 or 1... it can get later some nights, but then comes the difficulty of getting to sleep, and I wake up at 7ish.

Last edited:

Ester123

HSC
I'm procrastinating.....

Usually I go to bed 11:30, later if something is due, and get up 6:30.
7 hours night, that's alright

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)