sleep deprivation for HSC students (1 Viewer)

how many hours of sleep do you get per day on average, 08'ers?

• > 12

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 10 - 12

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • 8 - 10

Votes: 91 19.7%
  • 6 - 8

Votes: 260 56.3%
  • < 6

Votes: 96 20.8%

• Total voters

zy

HSC
used to sleep at 10 p.m but i have upcoming tests so ... ;_;

beckaa

HSC
Did you know, as teenagers we should be getting nine and a quarter hours of sleep? I find this almost impossible to do. There is not enough hours in the day.
Andd as teenagers our bodys are releasing melatonin later in the night, and melatonin is the chemical that controls our sleep pattern. Sooo most teenagers will find it hard to go to sleep before late.
Therefore, the majority of us will not be getting enough sleep.
The complications in a teenagers life are completly underestimated.

And those are my random facts for today.

SiN3m

HSC
I wake up at 6-6.30am and USED TO (emphasis on past tense) sleep round 10.30 at nigt, BUT since this term of year12, it's ether stress about needing to perfect work or just the need to finish the load is enough to keep me up until after 11.30...it really sux in the morning

SiN3m

HSC
powerdrive said:
i just finished the hsc. before my last exam, physics, i went to bed at 2.15 and got up at 4.45, cos i was just full on cramming. sounds terrible, but i went alright, cos the exam was on the monday, i had heaps of sleep on the weekend.
I don't think that much sleep is healthy but I too am guilty of that just before a big exam...at least you did alright!

I practically have 7 dys of school (tuition) so I don't get to sleep in AT ALL so those really late nights take quite a toll on me

harryboyles

HSC
beckaa said:
The complications in a teenagers life are completly underestimated.
Damm straight.

I usually go to bed around 1 and get up around 8:20. Then fifteen minutes to get ready, leaving at 8:35 to get to school right on the bell at 8:57. That's about 7 hours for me

respect90

HSC
well ive had 6hours sleep past 2days :( ma stupid computer crashed when i was about to print ma assessment due tha nex day....was up till 4am doin the entire thing again on ma dads laptop, and same thing the next night cept this time it was an eng essay :( im so TIRED been napping straight afta skool both days

Sonata

HSC
usually sleep between 12am - 1am, wake up at 7 30am. so roughly about 6hrs of sleep most of the time

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
respect90 said:
well ive had 6hours sleep past 2days :( ma stupid computer crashed when i was about to print ma assessment due tha nex day....was up till 4am doin the entire thing again on ma dads laptop, and same thing the next night cept this time it was an eng essay :( im so TIRED been napping straight afta skool both days
You never heard of saving to a USB? They're what, $10 now for a 1GB one?

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I'll be up till at least 3:30/4 this morning. So it will be 3 to 4 hours before I go to bed. Then have to get up at 7.

ZJ NingNing

HSC
I got up at 10 this morning!!!

a great 12 hours of sleep last night. so relaxing... and refreshing *stretch*

ZJ NingNing

HSC
davidbarnes said:
I went to bed at 3:04am, got up at 6:56am.
get some sleep today, apparently if you dont sleep adequately in 60 hours, a considerable amount of your brain cells are permanently damaged and yeah...

anyway, the effeciency for studying is really low if you sleep so little.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
ZJ NingNing said:
get some sleep today, apparently if you dont sleep adequately in 60 hours, a considerable amount of your brain cells are permanently damaged and yeah...

anyway, the effeciency for studying is really low if you sleep so little.
Earliest I'll go to bed will be 1:30 but I don't have to get up until 7:30 tomorrow morning.

Peteage

HSC
I get about 6 hours of sleep at night but everyday when i come home from school I have a power nap for at least an hour.

I think power naps are really good as long as you dont let them drag on for too long and make you more sleepy.

respect90

HSC
lol yea i am aware of that now lolz cos i always assummed usbs were relly expensive now but found out that they are only 8 bucks in officeworks

a.Limjoco

HSC
ive been getting <6. with the study and the fact i wake up really early for my ext maths class... its also ruining my diet.. i dont rlly get to eat in the morning.. argh yr12 is a biatch

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I don't think I'll even get to go to bed today. I've got so much wor to compelte and its 11:30 now. It will take at least 4 hours I reckon for one thing, then anotehr 1/2 hour each for 2 others, so at least 5 mroe hours to go for me.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
But seriously, unless it's an assessment, why would you bother?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)