Slideshow (1 Viewer)

Link

Hi all

I have Photoshop 7, and I was just wondering, is it possible to make a slideshow using this program? (Or would I be better off using another program?).

I need to have an MP3 playing in the background, and the slides will just be JPG images. I want it to end up as a windows media player file.

Thanks in advance if you can give any help!

Winston

HSC
Ehhhh why dont u use Powerpoint? :S...

Link

Originally posted by Winston
Ehhhh why dont u use Powerpoint? :S...
what's the latest/best version of Powerpoint?

Will it allow me to put an MP3 track in the background?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Link
what's the latest/best version of Powerpoint?

Will it allow me to put an MP3 track in the background?
powerpoint2003 (it even has a viewer that supports it)

yes you can put mp3 in background (not sure if it will reset after slide advance though...)

Link

Originally posted by jm1234567890
powerpoint2003 (it even has a viewer that supports it)

yes you can put mp3 in background (not sure if it will reset after slide advance though...)
ok thanks!

and so powerpoint makes it into a windows media file? (As per my original post), or can you only view it if you own powerpoint?

All I want is some digital camera pics in succession, with a song in the background, maybe a start and end page too.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Link
ok thanks!

and so powerpoint makes it into a windows media file? (As per my original post), or can you only view it if you own powerpoint?

All I want is some digital camera pics in succession, with a song in the background, maybe a start and end page too.
well powerpoint 2003, offers what they call Powerpoint Viewer, so all you need to do is package the powerpoint file with the powerpoint viewer, and you can burn it to CD if the whole powerpoint is too large to fit ona floppy, and then yeah, you execute the powerpoint viewer and select the file and it should run fine

Link

Originally posted by Winston
well powerpoint 2003, offers what they call Powerpoint Viewer, so all you need to do is package the powerpoint file with the powerpoint viewer, and you can burn it to CD if the whole powerpoint is too large to fit ona floppy, and then yeah, you execute the powerpoint viewer and select the file and it should run fine
ah ok i think i get powerpoint now.

I've only really been looking at making one of those little slideshows most schools make at the end of year 12. They play through windows media player (with MP3 music). What you've suggested with powerpoint is surely the most professional option, but is it the simplest? (Especially since you need its own viewer too).

I still don't understanding how the schools all make those little windows media player slideshow files :(

fatmuscle

HSC
one thing to note, MP3's can be converted to other formats if powerpoint can't handle mp3's...

for the original Q, i there is a photoshop plugin that can do this really well, but there's so many plugins i can't remember the name. It was used in a friend's 21st a month ago

Link

Originally posted by fatmuscle
one thing to note, MP3's can be converted to other formats if powerpoint can't handle mp3's...

for the original Q, i there is a photoshop plugin that can do this really well, but there's so many plugins i can't remember the name. It was used in a friend's 21st a month ago
I'll search the photoshop site for the plugin.

Next time you speak to your friend, please post up the plugin thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)