Slightly Confused with UAC (1 Viewer)

ShushKebab

HSC
Having I got my results from UAC - there's still a few spots I don't understand: Bonus Points and Main Rounds.

I've been reading about Bonus Points, and I'm getting confused about what they actually do. As I've read on the UAC Atar Booklet, it increase your selection rank - but on the next page, it seemingly says ATAR of 97 (for example; plus 2 bonus points).
So for example, if I wanted to enter an 87 ATAR course at UTS (thus already knowing that I can get 5 bonus points); and I get an ATAR of say 84; would that definitely ensure me a place in the UTS Course, as to compared to someone who got an ATAR of 83 who also gets 5 Bonus Points?

Regarding the Main Rounds, I'm slightly befuddled by what it says in the Job Guide 2010 (pg. 34) - where it says "...apply by Friday 11 December 2009 and provide all documents by Friday 15 January 2010..."
Documents? What Documents? Is that your application form with UAC + your preferences? If so, is that the only document?

Last edited:

Thecorey0

HSC
The main round closes on January 6th with the offers released on the 20th from memory. I have no idea what those documents are UAC is mentioning.

Selection rank = ATAR + bonus points. In your example, you would have the higher priority into the course, as you would have a selection rank of 89, and the other person would have one of 88. However, the cutoffs change every year, and your place is not guarnteed, but you have a high chance of getting it.

Last edited:

bmn

HSC
I'm also confused about the documents thing...

ShushKebab

HSC
Reading it again, I think it only depends on the course you've chosen for your preferences - and whether they have any additional selection criterias that require you to also send these documentations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)