slimming down, and toning up (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
the first step to losing weight is to cut out a lot of sugary, oily and processed stuff...so things like:
- grain/brown bread over white
- brown rice over white (eventhough its not as tasty)..or just not having a heap of rice
- cutting down on/completely cutting out take away (espically maccas, kfc, red root, hungry jacks, etc)
- cutting down on other take away (eg. fish and chips)
- resisting things like choccy, donuts, ice cream etc (moderation's the key..the less you have the better it is for you and the better it tastes when you do have it)
- taking out as much soft drinks as possible
- cutting down on cordial and fruit juices..even the ones which have 'no added sugar', etc
- low fat milk instead of full cream
- not having lots of fatty stuff (so not bacon & eggs all the time)
- not much in the way of lollies
so, the obvious in the way of diet is more fruit and vegies, less fatty/processed stuff, and lots of water (at least 1L/day)

if you want to tone up, regular activities such as walking/jogging/running, bike riding, yoga/pilates, and gym/gym classes (eg. pump/body combat) are really really good...just look around, try out different things, find something you like, and make sure you keep at it. start off with twice a week, and then build it up to a level you think you can keep for at least 6 mths

i know this stuff from personal experience - in yr 10 mum completely changed the family's diet. so no more white bread, no more maccas, no more apple juice (used to have it all the time), not as much in the way of sweets, etc. now i have lots of water, grain-y bread, low fat milk (full cream usually made me sick anyway), more fruit & veg, etc...and i lost 10kg's after i changed. i wouldnt say i'm REALLY healthy, but i'm on a steady 55kg and a lot healthier than other people i know, and bloody glad about it :)

i know i need to work on my diet again (espically getting back into the habbit of having more water) and do more excersise (currently do fencing and am trying to get into bike riding/gym/yoga), but they're bridges i'm progressively crossing everyday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)