slow writer (1 Viewer)

lozzipops_87

HSC
is anyone else shitting themselves because they are really slow writers and are afraid that they wont finish their essay in time or it will be crap because you have rushedi t and have no time to think.. I AM
this normally happens to me in english exams
is anyone else in the same boat?

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
that only happens with me and english i need more time, i manage to just make it if do less thinking and just write it.
but in other subject like health in the trials i left an hour and abit early.. couldnt think of anything else to write

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
sorry bub ur alone on that one. a tee hee hee ur gonna fail.

not really. dont worry bout neat writing, i can guarrantee they see worse.

practice positively scrawling hugely.

one exam i was doing like, 4 or 5 words a line.

dont worry, remember the markers are tryin to find u ll the marks they can

u wil b ok.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
yeh ive read some examples for band 5 and 6 and i dont know how they did it! i cant even read what they wrote!

bubu

it makes sense tho the 5&6 band responses

i cant believe they write so fast like 14 pages

i usually write about 5-6 and sometimes 8 if i no wat to write exactli

TheHeretic

Most of it has to do with the quality of your essay.

Slower writers usually have more time to reflect on what they are writing: use this to your advantage.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
You shouldnt be too worried about quantity. I know a few people who used to always get 19/20 at school for writing 4 pages. It does look impressive when you write heaps to markers, but it appeals more to them if you make a definite argument/point early on

bubu

hmmm...

funni thing that

once i read the question a couple of times over

if its somethin ive seen before i begin to write before my mind clicks in

rink

HSC
I can write 5pages max in 40 mins (big writing) and even that is only when i dont think at all and i know exactly what to write. Hence im reallyyyy slow and we're on the same boat

HSC
I have really neat handwriting and my downfall in exams used to be that I'd try to write my answers super super neat and make it look pretty. My Legal Studies teacher told me not to worry about what it looks like, as long as the marker can read it! So, just let it go, don't worry about it looking good or anything and just free write.

Try spending time doing a mind map or something to get your notes down clearly including relevant quotes etc and then begin to free write. (just write, and not stop to do anything except check the mind map) Try writing with big gaps and a line between each sentence to make sure when you read over it at the end, there is space to add in sentences that you forgot etc.

"Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)