Small Cohort (1 Viewer)

adendeleeuw

Fronds
HSC
Hey, I know this has probably been asked before, but I just want to clarify. I'm doing chinese cont/ext. which only has a cohort of 3 people in our year, would this mean that they would take the exam mark and use it for the assessment mark as well. I heard this from my school's Dean of Studies but I am still not very clear on what will happen. I am ranked 2nd by a pretty small margin, however I am fairly sure I outperformed the top student by a large amount.

Machiavelli1

HSC
Your Exam mark will become the guy coming first's Assessment mark. Then the 2nd exam mark will become your assessment mark +- Moderation. You will retain your own exam mark also.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Hey, I know this has probably been asked before, but I just want to clarify. I'm doing chinese cont/ext. which only has a cohort of 3 people in our year, would this mean that they would take the exam mark and use it for the assessment mark as well. I heard this from my school's Dean of Studies but I am still not very clear on what will happen. I am ranked 2nd by a pretty small margin, however I am fairly sure I outperformed the top student by a large amount.
Since you're coming second by a pretty small margin your final hsc mark will be a little less than what you got externally i think

adendeleeuw

Fronds
HSC
Your Exam mark will become the guy coming first's Assessment mark. Then the 2nd exam mark will become your assessment mark +- Moderation. You will retain your own exam mark also.
Our school's dean of studies who deals with the mark moderation said that as we are such a small cohort they just take our externals for everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)