smashing the trials (1 Viewer)

n_reedus98

HSC
Guys whats the best way to smash the trials?

because honestly im sick of people saying its harder than the actual HSC, of course it is and that shouldn't be an excuse to not do good enough. because my aim is to get no lower than 80 in all my subjects for the trial exams my dream is to get 85+ in everything but we all dont get what we want.
My subjects: - Biology
- General Maths
- English Advanced
- IPT
- Business Studies

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

because honestly im sick of people saying its harder than the actual HSC, of course it is and that shouldn't be an excuse to not do good enough. because my aim is to get no lower than 80 in all my subjects for the trial exams my dream is to get 85+ in everything but we all dont get what we want.
- General Maths
- English Advanced
- IPT
- Business Studies
studying helps lol

n_reedus98

HSC
Hahaha nah lol i mean like isnt there a specific way of studying to smash the trials. Because i know one person a few years ago studied hard every night but still managed to not do that well. So yeah i want to avoid this and hopefully smash my trials.

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
No LOL Everyone studies differently. Just because that method failed for one person, doesn't mean it'll be just as bad for the next person. Like what Nailgun said, "studying helps lol." You just gotta find what method of studying works for you.

leehuan

HSC

- General Maths
- English Advanced
- IPT
- Business Studies
Chill out.

It's not even! The trials are only harder because you simply don't have as much time to prepare for it as for the real HSC. The improvement between the trials and the HSC is so significant that IT is what causes people to THINK trials are harder.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC exams for some subjects are generally easier than trials though. But not always... depends on the school.

n_reedus98

HSC
also is there a chance i can get 90+ atar?
if i smash out my remaining assessments, Trials and HSC because in my early assessments and half yearlies i've underachieved getting 60's when in fact i should've gotten 80's

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
also is there a chance i can get 90+ atar?
if i smash out my remaining assessments, Trials and HSC because in my early assessments and half yearlies i've underachieved getting 60's when in fact i should've gotten 80's
Its OK - HSC is designed like that! Smash the rest + trials and then push into smashing the HSC and you'll by no doubt achieve 90 +! - What is your school rank tho?

n_reedus98

HSC
My school is too small in attendance to be ranked hahahaha watta joke. But yeah im serious thats how it is. Does it matter much to not be ranked at all LOL

leehuan

HSC
Oh wow that's quite something.

If your school is currently unranked then the only problem is that you have no means of comparison of your school's capability with the rest.

The reason why people ask for school ranks is because it gives them a chance to compare and contrast.

But the fact is, if you have a strong cohort, then ultimately it won't matter because that means if you WERE ranked, you would be ranked quite high.

The idea is, according to moderation (summarised into a nutshell) regardless of how your cohort performs internally, if you all do exceedingly well in the final exam your marks inevitably goes up. Someone who probably got like 14 in the internals but in the final exam the lowest mark was a 74%...will go up to about a 74%.

Provided your cohort is strong, you will always get carried up. But if you're at the TOP of your cohort, you are least affected by moderation - your final exam means almost everything then.

(For reference: The purpose of moderation is quite simple - it caters for the fact that schools set internal tasks of varying difficulty; only the final exam is the same for everyone)

n_reedus98

HSC
Wait so are you tryna say that its a good thing to not be ranked or bad? Because im confused and kinda worried now lol

leehuan

HSC
Your school, being unranked, does not matter if your entire cohort performs extremely well in the FINAL exam.

That's all I'm saying.

The reason why people ask for school ranks is only because it is indicative. It gives a reference point for use. It's not actually important at all on the day of the exam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lightthefuze

HSC
tbh, I flunked most of my trials (I passed them all :p). However, what matters the most is your HSC exam, it's your other 50%! I did way better than expected for all of my subjects due to the work that I put in between the Trials and HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)