Smoking a turn off? (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
In all seriousness, i probably couldn't go out with someone who smoked. It's a dirty and physically irrational habit.

cos the government definitely knows whats best for us.
plus, those campaigns have been proven to encourage smoking + make existing smokers crave cigarettes.
From a marketing subject i did last semester, what i've gathered from the empirical readings is that the anti-smoking "scare campaign" has divided opinion (slightly towards it having no correlation to making people stop) as to its effect on smoking. It has in no way increased it.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
In all seriousness, i probably couldn't go out with someone who smoked. It's a dirty and physically irrational habit.

From a marketing subject i did last semester, what i've gathered from the empirical readings is that the anti-smoking "scare campaign" has divided opinion (slightly towards it having no correlation to making people stop) as to its effect on smoking. It has in no way increased it.
instead of a plus i meant an '&'. as in, encourages existing smokers to smoke.
twas a vague statement.
but from what i've read, heard and seen (on the gruen transfer) it does.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Still, I smoke and no one I've dated or been with has ever had a problem with it. Also, I find it a big turn on and always have, even before I started smoking. I like the taste, smell and action - it all works :p

I find it extremely sexy, too...

but I think that also has a lot to do with the fact that it is so aesthetically appealing on camera (both photos and film) which are mediums that very much shape my tastes.

Jaylee42003

HSC
I know all the effects health-wise...and I've seen most of the ads too, so don't come at me with all that, I know they contain a billion different chemicals - tar, rat poison, acetone etc.etc. But is that the whole reason that smoking is a turn-off?

P.S. I'm not addicted...yet, I have had quite a few over the last few months-weeks. Im just wondering what turns a girl off in a smoker.
I think the fact you're happy to breath in all those toxins despite the ads on TV and the gruesome picture on the box, is a turn-off. And the stench is grose in itself. I refuse to kiss a smoker. No can do. It's disgusting.

evil_kitten

HSC
i used to be very anti-smoking.
but then i just got over it. i wouldnt date anyone that had the "smoking is brilliant" idea in their head, but it doesnt affect me much at all.
only thing is, if he knocks me up, hes not smoking inside anymore.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
i think straight edge will eventually be the way to go.

no alcohol
no smoking
and certainly no drugs

if you have a strong will, you will just choose not to drink, smoke or do drugs anymore.
heck cigarettes are no longer useful for revealing hidden trip lasers now, they use infrared beams instead.

lol

Last edited:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
i dont care about smell.

ive encountered odours of gunpowder, dead bodies, hydrocarbons, etc. when entering unknown/hostile territory.

but cigarette lighters are more useful than cigarettes to light fires to distract enemy force

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Yeah. If the government really cared, they'd ban smoking. They don't because it's a big revenue raiser for them in terms of tax.

Still, I smoke and no one I've dated or been with has ever had a problem with it. Also, I find it a big turn on and always have, even before I started smoking. I like the taste, smell and action - it all works :p
I think you need to be aware that smoking costs the government much, much more in health care costs (hospital visits, screening tests) in comparison to the revenue they make.

You exeplify perfectly the stereotype that all young smokers are stupid.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
binge drinking is addictive, junk food is addictive. heart disease is australia's biggest killer (or is predicted to become in a short amount of time, can't remember)

but just because someone does something that is harmful to their health does not make them an idiot, just because someone has an addiction does not make them an idiot
they may place different values health and life etc etc
Smoking is the major risk factor of cardiovascular disease (the number 1 killer of Australians) and cancer (2nd highest killer of Australians).

A smoker our age may not be an idiot, they just don't value their life or the lives of those around them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)