SneakerHead Forum (1 Viewer)

Gazz95

HSC
Just realised there isn't a sneakerhed thread up (i couldn't find one anyway) so i thought i'd start one. If your not familiar with the sneakerhead way of life then let me enlighten you. Sneakerheads apreciate the art of combining leather, cloth and laces into the freshest kicks around. Most sneakerheads collect basketball shoes or at least shoe designed with a basketball orientation (Low Cut). The most common brands to cop are Nike, Air Jordan, Converse, Adidas and RBK. Hardcore sneakerheads usually buy two pairs of the same shoe, one to keep on ice so it stays in mint condition and another to wear or play basketball in. I'm nowhere near rich enough to do this (some basketball shoe cost up to $300) so i just buy one pair. In this thread you should post what kicks you have, ones you want to have and the ones you hate as well as anything else sneaker related. I'll start the ball rolling by telling you what kicks i have so far.
- Air Jordan 23's (Black stealth colourway, in my avatar)
- Air Jordan Retro 10's (White, Varsity Red)
- Converse Wade 2.0 All Star Edition
- Nike Airmax 90's
- Nike Airmax Uptempo's

Next shoes i plan on copping are Converse Wade 4.0's or Air Jordan AJF12's

Last edited:
HSC
Gazz, how long do your kicks last on the court?

Mine don't last very long as I'm a slasher and I play frequently. I need new ones every 2 months or so...also I play mostly outdoor so they wear out fast.

EDIT: do you have a D-playground store near you?

Last edited:

Gazz95

HSC
Yeah im not a fan of most Converse, but the DWADE 1, 1.3 and 2.0 were all pretty sick. The 3.0's are deadset ugly. I havn't even seen the 4.0's and don't even know when they will be released but DWADE is my favourite player so i definatly want to rock his kicks as long as they're not as bad as the 3.0's
I never play outdoors in my Jordans or DWADE's. I leave that to my Nikes cause they are cheaper lol. I usually buy a new pair of indoor kicks before my old ones are worn out. My Jordan 10's were my introduction to sneakers and they are still in good condition. Ive got no outdoor courts at all where i live. The only courts i have access to are ones at school, at the stadium (You can only play there in a competition) or the dirt half court at the back of my house and none of my sneakers play there lol.
What XX3's you got? I played in mine for the first time today but it was only training so i ddn't go that hard and luckliy thay didn't get scuffed.
HAHA when you said D-playground i thought you meant playground court lol. Nah never even heard of D-playground, i usually go to footlocker when in a major city. We havn't got one where i live.

Last edited:
HSC

So you don't play pick-up games at outdoor courts? lol

Oh, right- You're from Girfith/Wagga - it seems like you're so far away. lol

yeah As far as I know, there's a D-playground in Parramatta and another in Penrith.
http://www.dplayground.com/index.html

I think they take orders, check it out.

haha, you're really into your sneakers, aren't you?

EDIT: wth are Hops?, they look interesting.

Last edited:

Gazz95

HSC
I love sneakers!!!!
I play at school and in the local comp but thats about it, you cant get a pick up game in Griffith (Hometown- no outdoor courts) and in Wagga (Boarding school) im restricted by the boarding school(gotta be back by 5 every arvo). This limits the amount i play alot. How'd you get the titaniums!!! That's crazy, did you buy them in Australia or over the internet or something, they are going for over $1000 on Ebay. I was lucky to get my pair of XX3's one footlocker had sold out and another had one pair left, luckily they were sz 12.5 (Still got em even though i take a 13). I've only seen hops on the back of B'ball mags, they look alright but i dont know much about them. Do you go on Niketalk.com?

Last edited:
HSC
I ordered them online. It wasn't cheap...lol

That's the problem, there's so much basketball training type stuff I want to order that I haven't found in stores but the costs of shipping and packaging from the States is more than the actual item ...

I was lucky enough to find jumpsoles in Australia, if I hadn't , it would have cost me more than double the price to get them..:)

I just play pick-up games these days, I'm a "shoot only" point guard..lol

Check this out, it's going for $US 2,400!!!...damn

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NIKE-AIR-JOR...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I don't go on Niketalk. is it a message board?...Nike-related, i'm guesing? lol

Last edited:

Gazz95

HSC
What are jumsoles like? i was seriously condsidering buy some. I'm Six four with about a 29/30" Vertical leap i've used the air alert program a couple of times and that seems to help and it's free. I can dunk but havn't yet in a game, last time i tried an opposing player grabbed my arms and my momentum flung me to the gound resulting in a broken wrist. That was no B'ball for like 10 weeks. Yah it's real hard to get titaniums, if i get another pair of 23's i'll probably get the motosports, You seen em? they havn't dropped yet. I'll try and find a pic.
Sorry bout the quality and the link but i dont know how to post pics lol.
http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-cont...3-white-black-royal-blue-motorsports-main.jpg
or maybe these ones
http://www.eukicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/album_picphp.jpg

Niketalk is a great place to find out all the latest info on the sneakergame. Saying you have Titanium XX3's will earn you much respect lol

Last edited:
HSC
They're pretty effective, really improved my speed and I also saw some gains on my hops.

I'm only 6'1 , not sure about vertical. Can dunk when I'm warmed up and " feelin it" but definitely not in games in high school or reps.

I think you should order the J- soles, if you get a chance. I don't think you really need them though since you're 6'4 and have a 30 inch vert.

When did you get injured? was it recent? have you fully recovered?...10 weeks.. ouch

Can't you just copy and paste the pics?

EDIT: yeah the second ones look sick, are you going to put them up on a mantle and worship them? ...lol ( jokes)

Last edited:

Gazz95

HSC
Broke my wrist about 15 weeks ago i was pretty cut, but my team still won the GF and next season starts in like 9 days and i can't wait. You must have pretty good hops to dunk at 6,1. I could only just touch the rim when i was that tall. Thats a great testimonial to jumsoles, maybe i should buy em. I probably would worship them, the XX3's i got now already get cleaned after every use lol.

HSC
Gazz95 said:
You must have pretty good hops to dunk at 6,1. I could only just touch the rim when i was that tall. Thats a great testimonial to jumsoles, maybe i should buy em. I probably would worship them, the XX3's i got now already get cleaned after every use lol.

Yeah but I can't dunk regularly and when I do, it takes a lot of effort.

I'm glad you grew to 6'4. I would give all my shoes away to grow another 4 or 5 inches..lol

the XX3's i got now already get cleaned after every use lol
hahaha...

I don't think too many people on this forum care much for basketball or basketball shoes/sneakers...lol

Do you post on any basketball forums?..have u heard of inside hoops?

Last edited:

Gazz95

HSC
Nah i don't post much on fourms just niketalk a couple of times, but i will definatly check out inside hoops. Do you check out eastbay.com to research or even buy shoes?

kurtbismire

HSC
Nike airmax 90's blue black white
Nike blazer blue (glow in the dark)
Nike dunks brown
Nike dunks White
Nike dunks blue yellow and white

hahah what can i say i like my nikes i want some courtforce but they special ed and there 380 dollar

kurtbismire

HSC
nar just casual, i dont ball i use to im just a fan of the sneakers... i do use my airmax 90s for tennis and running and stuff though

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
nike shox spotlights low
nike total package
nike shox elevate
jordan pure game
nike shox limitless
plus a bunch of skate shoes and 2 pairs of royal elastics

but im most excited abotu my hyperdunks which i've got on order they should be here by august 16.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
if i buy some shoes, which model will make me the happiest. thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)