So annoyed!! (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
You can close and delete this if you like, but i feel need to say - i just spent forever typing something up and left for a little while in between. i finished typing and when i came to post my reply it said i had to log in again. And then it says that there is an invalid link and to notify an administrator. So, entire post is lost.

is there some way this can be changed? I dont know if its possible here, but another forums site i have been to allows you to make a post before logging in, and as you hit post reply it promps for username and p/w. It only uses this for posting the reply, it doesnt actually log you in. It seemed like a good idea is all.

PS, no criticism, its just a nuciance!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
If it asks you to log back in after trying to post each time make sure that your cookies are saving, follow these instructions….

insert-username said:
Make sure your computer is saving cookies - this *should* be the only thing that will keep logging you out (since logging in sets a cookie on your computer). In Firefox, you need to go through Tools -> Options ->Privacy -> Cookies. Then check "Allow sites to set cookies" and "Keep Cookies till they expire". In Internet Explorer, Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy. Set the slider to "Medium" and that should fix the problem.

I_
Regarding your post that usually happens when a mod or admin has moved, deleted or locked the thread causing it to not be at the original link. If you are typing a long post might be an idea to do it in Microsoft Word or notepad.

gman03

HSC
You can 'preview post' every 5 minutes or so which act as "save draft"

HSC
Just press the back button on your browser, copy and paste, log in and then create a new thread, and paste it in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)