So... Does Yr 11 Really Matter? (1 Viewer)

Drone23

HSC
Now I don't want to seem like a douche here. But does year 11 really matter?
Cause i came in at the start of the year thinking it did and ended up gunning it first two terms and then third term i've kinda gone, wait a second... rest for this term and then gun it again in fourth term.

So BoS, Does year 11 matter? Should I chill for the rest of this term and then go crazy term 4?

Thanks for the help

saberbladexx

HSC
Relax and take it easy, however make sure you keep up in MX1 as its vital you do so imo.

speedofsound

HSC
it matters in terms of acquiring the right skills to approach the subject and answer questions, but not in terms of marks. in some cases, like maths, i would say it does matter.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
it matters in terms of acquiring the right skills to approach the subject and answer questions, but not in terms of marks. in some cases, like maths, i would say it does matter.
Agreed.

Just use yr 11 as a year to polish your maths and english skills and find out what study routine suits you the best.

There's no need to go all out, or you'll probably burn out in yr 12.

Napstar

Banned
HSC
1. In terms of ranks and shit, no
2. In terms of preparing yourself for the workload and motivation required, and in terms of learning the basis for the information you'll acquire in year 12, yes. There is no reason not to apply yourself in Year 11, even if it doesn't *really* matter.

Just setting yourself up for bad habits imo

Nanasaurus

HSC
first day of year twelve our whole year was sat down and told "right. everything you've done up until now was useless."
does that answer your question?

speedofsound

HSC
first day of year twelve our whole year was sat down and told "right. everything you've done up until now was useless."
hahahaha somewhat reminiscent of the school certificate

Jaylee42003

HSC
lolololol. They make you think what you're doing in yr 11 (and yr 10, tbh) is heaps important and that it's end-of-the-world as we know it if you don't perform well. It's all lies. Lies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)