So Lost With Course (1 Viewer)

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
you'll probably have to do the core commerce units - which are, for first semester, Accounting & Finance 1A, Quantitative Methods A, and Microeconomics 1.

Science I know nothing about... but at least there's a start for you.. my advice (and the advice of unsw) is to go to the info day which advises you which subjects etc you should enrol in based on what course you are doing and such... you should receive a letter about it in the mail soon if you havent already. On that day youll get an idea of what you should be doing :)

oh, and you dont have to pick a major yet! all these questions will be answered at the advice day which is on monday...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Yes. Go to the advice day - it will help. Since you are doing commerce/science chances are you will complete Micro and macro economics 1 in 2nd year, to make 'space' for science subjects, just like myself.

Majors, you don't pick them yet, first year is doing standard core courses. 1 major from each(commerce and science)

drmix

HSC
N/A
ok so wat r Disciplines, how many of them do i have to choose,

i only choose science beacuse i wanted to do Psychology

and wats the difference between

Pre-enrolment advising session for all programs
and
Individual pre-enrolment advising for all programs

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
drmix said:
ok so wat r Disciplines, how many of them do i have to choose,

i only choose science beacuse i wanted to do Psychology
For commerce/science, u do one major(disciplines) from each course.

BCom/BSc Core Component

* 4 core courses (in Accounting and Economics)
* 6UOC of first year mathematics courses specified by the Science program selected
* 6UOC of statistics from the approved list
(Eagles note: that means: actl2002, econ1203, math1041, math2801, math2841, bios2041, psyc2001 (select the one appropriate to your major)

BCom Component

* BCom single major – consists of 8 courses (BCom), plus up to 4 elective courses.

BSc Component
Students complete a minimum of 14 courses by selecting one of the prescribed majors available.
from: http://www2.fce.unsw.edu.au/nps/ser...OutInheritableArea&maxWnd=_Future_UG_BComBSci

theres a list of Disciplines on that site too.

Last edited:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Okay. In that case with a psychology major, you are looking at (for enrolment)

Semester 1 2006
ACCT1501 - Accting 1A
ECON1101 - Microeconomics 1
PSYC1001 - Psychology 1A
ECON1202 - Quantitative Methods A

ECON1202 may possibly be replaced with MATH1031/MATH1131 or MATH1141 since you are doing commerce/science - but you need to check up on this.

drmix: No need to panic at this stage. Once uni is started, you have up to 2 weeks to pick your courses/subjects. The enrolment plan I've suggested should be correct, although, please don't take it as the truth.

Consult the UNSW handbook at http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/2006/index.html

For enrolment issues , UNSW Student Services Enrolment Support Centre will be located on Level 2 of the Library at UNSW's Kensington campus (email: enrol@unsw.edu.au, phone: +61 2 9385 1110).

Other queries direct it to the relevant program office, see here: https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/howdoi/programoffice.html

drmix

HSC
N/A
thanxs man, ill be going to the thing on monday [23rd] but i have no idea where to start :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)