So what are you guys playing at the moment? (2 Viewers)

Tasteless

HSC
My friend and I went to the store and got that game, he said it was good. But it looks like another alien/zombie shooter.
The immersion though, I'm just watching people play it on youtube and I feel completely immersed and emotionally invested in the story.
I've got about an hour of content left and I can't eat / function as a human until I've seen it. It really is unparalleled in that regard, imo.

EDIT: Just watched the ending, I'm just sitting here I don't even know what to do with my life...

Finally bought Starcraft II: WoL+HotS.

On first impression it doesn't feel as amazing as brood war did (despite the immense technical improvements, many of which make essential actions less tedious) but it is growing on me.
imo hots has brought it closer to bw in terms of feel
but then again I only ever made and played my own custom games in bw, never played a 1v1 lol

Last edited:

seanieg89

HSC
The immersion though, I'm just watching people play it on youtube and I feel completely immersed and emotionally invested in the story.
I've got about an hour of content left and I can't eat / function as a human until I've seen it. It really is unparalleled in that regard, imo.

imo hots has brought it closer to bw in terms of feel
but then again I only ever made and played my own custom games in bw, never played a 1v1 lol
Yeah, I've heard that from a few people.

deloving

HSC
Finally bought Starcraft II: WoL+HotS.

On first impression it doesn't feel as amazing as brood war did (despite the immense technical improvements, many of which make essential actions less tedious) but it is growing on me.
SC2 is very different from Brood War. Is it a step in the right direction? For someone who played Brood War in the past, I would say no. But for the average gamer, SC2 is a great game. Brood War is a difficult game. It takes a lot of work to get any good at it, and you must really get into it. SC2 is easier in that sense, more laid back. If you consider the e-sports element of the two games, Brood War has 15 years of experience and it's pretty much reached its peak. SC2 is still evolving.

Still waiting for a Brood War remake, similar to AoE II HD.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Fire emblem: awakening
Donkey Kong Returns

The 3ds actually has a gr8 lineup now.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
SC2 is very different from Brood War. Is it a step in the right direction? For someone who played Brood War in the past, I would say no. But for the average gamer, SC2 is a great game. Brood War is a difficult game. It takes a lot of work to get any good at it, and you must really get into it. SC2 is easier in that sense, more laid back. If you consider the e-sports element of the two games, Brood War has 15 years of experience and it's pretty much reached its peak. SC2 is still evolving.

Which one do you like more? 1 or 2

Tasteless

HSC

The problem with bw was that its 'difficulty' was a result of technology back then and sc2's control optimisation (reduction of necessary actions) overcomes this.
I agree that a higher skill cap would be amazing (from both a player and spectator perspective) but I'm not sure how they'd achieve that without introducing artificial redundancies in game play.

Then again the top tier sc2 pros play on a level only maybe a dozen, maybe two dozen people (koreans) can compete with anyway.

As for what I'm playing, Path of Exile still ♥

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The problem with bw was that its 'difficulty' was a result of technology back then and sc2's control optimisation (reduction of necessary actions) overcomes this.
I agree that a higher skill cap would be amazing (from both a player and spectator perspective) but I'm not sure how they'd achieve that without introducing artificial redundancies in game play.

Then again the top tier sc2 pros play on a level only maybe a dozen, maybe two dozen people (koreans) can compete with anyway.

As for what I'm playing, Path of Exile still ♥
Is PoE still in beta?

Tasteless

HSC
Open beta, yeah. Only issue is desync which I only notice on occasion anyway.

They've just added two new leagues as well, one scrubcore league that adds exiles which drop more rares (anarchy league).
And a hardcore league that makes enemies 20% faster movement, 20% faster cast, 20% faster attack which is pretty fun (onslaught league).

deloving

HSC
Which one do you like more? 1 or 2
Brood War. It has a better feel to it (not because it's the first one I played), but in the long run it's just so difficult. It took me and my friends months to actually learn how to play the game. But it makes learning SC2 so much easier, because you're used to the technical difficulty and you build up on those foundations. On the other hand I've seen SC2 players who just didn't get Brood War. It's like a completely different game to them.

Correct. That's why we need some sort of remake hehehe... (Quote: Still waiting for a Brood War remake, similar to AoE II HD.)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Anyone playing Torchlight? I saw OzKo mention it was free on gog a few days ago so dled it back then and started playing yesterday.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Nice! I haven't played any games in a while but the last time I did was an MMO and I played as a warrior so decided to go with the mage ("alchemist") in Torchlight. Excluding MMOs it's probably the first ARPG i've played (besides dungeon siege as a kid and some really old games i've forgotten the names of). I'm probably going to have to go and play Diablo and Diablo II after this lol.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Nice! I haven't played any games in a while but the last time I did was an MMO and I played as a warrior so decided to go with the mage ("alchemist") in Torchlight. Excluding MMOs it's probably the first ARPG i've played (besides dungeon siege as a kid and some really old games i've forgotten the names of). I'm probably going to have to go and play Diablo and Diablo II after this lol.
Might want to check Path of Exile too.

I mean for crying out loud, look at this tree.

Tasteless

HSC
Skip d3 if you mysteriously missed the memo

Also yes POE is glorious and I spend most of my waking hours on it these days :)
Somehow I only just noticed they have Australian servers so I was playing on 250 ping needlessly all this time :////

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Haha I was just reading some rant about D3 and Path of Exile. I'm not too much into understanding all the skills and advantages/disdvantages of the builds and what not yet - in Torchlight i'm playing on normal difficulty so I can pretty much just button mash with two spells and the normal attack. The mana and hp bonuses on my weapons reduce the need to spam potions to some extent too haha.

Skip d3 if you mysteriously missed the memo

Also yes POE is glorious and I spend most of my waking hours on it these days :)
Yeah, I probably will. I may get bored of D1, D2 or even gaming before I even get to there though =P I have an urge to try and make a text based dungeon crawler for fun now haha.

Last edited:

Tasteless

HSC
Yeah it does, I think it was a checkbox option on top of whatever difficulty you chose.
Alrighty cool, next time I lose a char in POE I might give TL2 a whirl.

I never finished 1 cos I just did maps over and over grinding out levels (cos im weird like that) so maybe I should finish 1 first actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)