So what do we need for uni ? (1 Viewer)

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
erm said:
People who borrow pens piss me off (you can probably tell i've had bad experiences)
haha people who borrow pens and dont give them back piss me off.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
gloworm14 said:
dont bring pens.
instead ask the person next to you for one.
then it gives you a way to break the ice and talk to people.

or you just become the n00b that doesnt bring a pen to uni lol
thats me since like year 5. oops.

Joel8945

HSC
I'm just starting uni this year which is really exciting. Stop posting crappy posts. I want to know what to bring aswell. The person who started this thread does have a point with the back to school sales and even uni students should take advantage of this. Someone I know who did uni has a display book where he puts all his downloaded notes from the uni's web page. Lectures are going to be hard to get used to and one of our teachers who was trying to get us use to the lecture system told us not to be scribes but to listen to the lecture. How well did that work for you guys?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
to some degree it did. You'll have to strike a balance between writing stuff down and listening. Listening should always take precedent over writing stuff down, but if you leave with nothing, you might have nothing to jog your memory when you go home to revise.

HSC
Joel8945 said:
I'm just starting uni this year which is really exciting. Stop posting crappy posts. I want to know what to bring aswell. The person who started this thread does have a point with the back to school sales and even uni students should take advantage of this. Someone I know who did uni has a display book where he puts all his downloaded notes from the uni's web page. Lectures are going to be hard to get used to and one of our teachers who was trying to get us use to the lecture system told us not to be scribes but to listen to the lecture. How well did that work for you guys?
Hmm yeah I was also curious about that. Do we like take down notes or something when the lecture person is speaking?

Or do we just sit there and listen to the lecture person talk and try to understand what he/she is saying?

:confused:

Smithereens

HSC
Well, in most cases, lecture notes (inc. ppt) are gonna be posted online anyways.

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
Smithereens said:
Well, in most cases, lecture notes (inc. ppt) are gonna be posted online anyways.
oh ok....... so do many ppl record the lecture with like a mp3 recorder? jus wonderin coz i suck at writin & listenin at the same time

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
some lectures get automatically recorded for students, where they can access the recordings online later. It helps lazy students stay at home.

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
some lectures get automatically recorded for students, where they can access the recordings online later. It helps lazy students stay at home.
oh kk, so evry1 says about accessing notes online, will we get the website address once we r enrolled?

danz90

HSC
Out of curiosity, are lectures dark? As in are the lights dimmed down and stuff.
'Cause when I was having a peek at lecture theatres in Carslaw and School of Chemistry, they were pretty dimmed.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
kristydolphins said:
oh kk, so evry1 says about accessing notes online, will we get the website address once we r enrolled?
yes, its provided via an online portal

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
Out of curiosity, are lectures dark? As in are the lights dimmed down and stuff.
'Cause when I was having a peek at lecture theatres in Carslaw and School of Chemistry, they were pretty dimmed.
more often than not the lecture theatres are dimmed to allow lecturers to use overhead projectors to display slides.

danz90

HSC
darkwolfzx said:
more often than not the lecture theatres are dimmed to allow lecturers to use overhead projectors to display slides.
I reckon it looks cool when dimmed, better relaxed atmosphere.
I hate bright lights.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
this will be depending on the uni, lecturer, course and facilities (i.e. lecture theatres installed with recording system. e.g. clb and sir john clancey installed with ilectures that can be downloaded onto an ipod).

danz90

HSC
How about textbooks..

Is it worth buying them? They are like $150 each..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)