So whats it like at UWS? (1 Viewer)

Dr_Doom

HSC
oh well at least I can change my preferences later on.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
Dont. Come. To. UWS. from what i heard, once you're in, you want out.

foxydena

HSC
Having been to TAFE I regret that... snice it is full of derros.
UWS is nice friendly, down-to-earth people, I'm having so much fun here:). I wouldn't be any where else.

u want a clearer picture of what UWS is like?
just think of TAFE.
It's nothing like TAFE.

B Psychology is great. With a world class school of Pscyhology as discussed on the BOS forum a fair while ago.

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I wouldn't mind going to UWS.
I'd love to do Bachelor of Psychology, but the UAI is a bit too high :(

so how are the psychology courses @ UWS? :confused:
I'm curious.

fuck off, please.

I can answer that :)

I am doing Social Science/Law and part of my Social Science aspect is psychology. The programme is actually the best in Australia, hands down. No doubt about it!

We are the only University in Australia to make the the top-ten Psychology educational institutions, internationally, according to the American Psychological Association (the peak body for Psychology). In addition we have the largest Psychology faculty in NSW and the second-largest in Australia.

Our University has some of the latest developments in the field with the MARCS Auditory Laboritories, Clinics and Forensics.

Super_Flyse

HSC
Ah... such bitter, bitter people...

UWS also has cows...
I tried not to say it, but hey... we have cows.. i believe those cows are plotting revenge, but well, what can ya do?

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
Jonathan A said:
I can answer that :)

I am doing Social Science/Law and part of my Social Science aspect is psychology. The programme is actually the best in Australia, hands down. No doubt about it!

We are the only University in Australia to make the the top-ten Psychology educational institutions, internationally, according to the American Psychological Association (the peak body for Psychology). In addition we have the largest Psychology faculty in NSW and the second-largest in Australia.

Our University has some of the latest developments in the field with the MARCS Auditory Laboritories, Clinics and Forensics.
thanks for that :)

foxydena

HSC
Originally Posted by rockets
What's Campbelltown like? Anyone go there?

I can answer that since I had some units at Campbelltown Campus

Firstly, it's next to Macarthur railway station and a ten-minute walk to the campus. If you don't like public transport you can drive and pay parking fee for $49.50 a year (cheaper than some uni) and plenty spaces. Here's a tip get there early cause later on in the day they fill up.
You can go across the station to Macarthur Square where you can buy some food, go shopping or watch movie at the cinemas.

Alternately, you can go to Campbelltown Station wait for the free UWS shuttle bus to the campus.

On campus there are plenty of facilites such as a caferteria where you can play pool, have lunch, relax with friends, talk have a coffee in their lounges.

There is a law moot court, replica of Campbelltown local court, extensive computer labs, anatomy labs, the new medicine faculty soon to be built, radiology room and many more facilities.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Super_Flyse said:
Ah... such bitter, bitter people...

UWS also has cows...
I tried not to say it, but hey... we have cows.. i believe those cows are plotting revenge, but well, what can ya do?
You and your cows!!

5 weeks left with the cows :D
wooooooohoooooooo!!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yes. I'm doing 5 subjects.

Its been ok so far. Considering I only have 2 days at uni, I'm actually managing better than when I only did 4 subjects. Sort of strange.

Next 5 weeks will be hell though. Research project is due :(

Super_Flyse

HSC
Cape said:
You and your cows!!

5 weeks left with the cows :D
wooooooohoooooooo!!!
Cape, no matter what you ever say, I know you love the cows! YOU LOVE THEM!

I only have 5 weeks left with the cows too :(
Next year I'm at Penrith where there are no cows and lots more people...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Super_Flyse said:
Cape, no matter what you ever say, I know you love the cows! YOU LOVE THEM!

I only have 5 weeks left with the cows too :(
Next year I'm at Penrith where there are no cows and lots more people...
I don't love the cows. I hate the cows. They just stand there and stare at you and go mooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Penrith is icky :(

L

LaraB

Anti-Mathmite said:
People who say that UWS is crap are the same people who believe you can't get a UAI above 90 simply because you go to a public school.

It's the people, not the building, that make a good university (even though UWS has excellent buildings AND people...) - It might not have archaic buildings like Usyd (though Parramatta campus comes close) but a university has to start somewhere.

hehe further proof that it's not the place but the work you put in - UWS just won the annual AIRC/IRS Mock Trial competition - so hah! UWS students ARE NOT just a bunch of stupid westies :)

Gurlpower

HSC
ive been to both juws and tafe and i honestly do see the similarity.

my gripe is the people, theres alot of dopey lebbo types who spik lyk dissss bro. the good ones go to macquarie we get the airheads.

the facilities are lame.

the one good thing is the courses are structured and organised pretty well generally.

L

LaraB

natstar said:
Notice how the non uws'ers post when something is said bad about the uni and think they know everything, but they keep quite when something good like winning this competition is brough up :p

lol yeah especially when it's a case like this where UWS whooped USyd and others asses lol.. Usyd even had 2 teams and still couldn't beat UWS lol...

and yeh i know this will start an argument but i don't care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)