so who cheated? (1 Viewer)

beststreet

HSC
N/A
i had to explain to mum why i was writing 'skrzynecki' on my school shirt. i can never get that spelling right.

sideshowtim

HSC
No. And I have no respect for anyone that did cheat or tried to cheat.

ScottyGEE

HSC
Geez, while your at it why don't you just write backwards on your forehead then bring in a personal mirror into the exam...That way you can look at your notes and shine the reflection of the mirror at others!
People who cheat because they didn't bother studying to try and remember things efficiently deserve zero, because you could essentially be the person that cheated and got ranked above someone legitimate which gives them one less UAI mark/percentage to get into their UNI course...

This isn't just for you fellow poster, this is in general...

lucyhaege

HSC
i would be far far far too scared to cheat! imagine if you got caught. my heart would probably explode.

jackal8

HSC
how do the cheaters get caught out?

is there a system in place to prevent plagiarism?

ive been told a marker only looks a approximately five essays from one school, false?

someone clarify, please.

purplepixie

HSC
jackal8 said:
how do the cheaters get caught out?

is there a system in place to prevent plagiarism?

ive been told a marker only looks a approximately five essays from one school, false?

someone clarify, please.
Plagarism in an exam? I don't get it...
But I know in assignments its up to the teacher to catch you out. Then you get zero and the BoS is notified and if you do it again your hsc can be revoked.

jackal8

HSC
like in the HSC

you have the same regurgitatable essay as other(s)

are there barriers in place to prevent this?

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
The Brucemaster said:
Hopefully karma bites you in the arse and you get a shit mark.
Hahaha, nice try at saving yourself.

purplepixie

HSC
Only if you bring notes into the exam with you it can be stopped.
But if you memorise a whole essay to copy (which actually answers the question) then goodluck to you.

fireice

HSC
mattstonestreet said:
skrzynecki was written on the paper for you lol

hes right u kno...

it was written on the paper

ahahaha man imagine being caught cheating coz u wrote just the one word skryznecki.....

and the people who caught u cheating will be like......LOL

ScottyGEE

HSC
From what I hear teachers are given a random stash of tests from a couple of schools and they are marked...The teacher would then check and recheck for the copied essay by comparing...They would tell the big head guy and it would be up to his/her discreetion as to what happens...I don't think it would be made a zero mark...However the section 2 and 3's of the paper are marked by a generalised criteria so its mostly up to the markers opinion on what they get...
Hopefull all who cheated wrote so on their paper :p

jackal8

HSC
so really you don't know if there is a system to prevent this type of cheating?

yes its plagiarism, and yes its in there and yes one can regurgitate threethousand words come monday.

i want to know everythign abuot the HSC marking centre to see hwo they deal with this shit.

jackal8

HSC
"random stash of tests from a couple of schools and they are marked...The teacher would then check and recheck for the copied essay by comparing"

so they chekc and recheck all the essays they do just for plagiarism
ive been told essay markers have a quota of essays to get thorugh each session, so wasting a lot fo tiem chekcing for plagiarism sounds horribly time consuming.

and this stash, it sounds a bit odd they they try and check so thoroughly form a random stash, when it could be plagiarised in any of the other "61,000 minus random stash" essays.

beststreet

HSC
N/A
yea so i noticed when i opened the paper and saw the precribed texts lol.

therefore i didnt have to look at my shirt

it wasnt in giant writing like a logo or pro-footballers name, i wrote 'skrzy' under the bottom of my shirt. a gamble im willing to take. and if my uai bumps up 10 extra points because i spelt the composers name correctly.... then fuckyea, bonus.

also, are there 66,000+ individual combinations of 'journey' thesis' we can use?

i think that even the english gurus in sydney understand the whole course is a recycling exercise

ScottyGEE

HSC
Theyd check the ones they thought were lying and cheating and such...English does not double mark tests like other subjects...

Plus the fact that it is not marked in one go does not mean that they'd have a 61,000 paper pile now would they? :p

Just...Blow it out of proportion for the next time eh?
As I said, (Or didnt) this is the kind of idea I get when I talk to exHSC markers or current HSC markers...Sure I dont get told too much now can I?
However I kinda think english would be a hard subject to find shit for.....Really hard...Others probably easier. My info is probably wrong anyway, I too would like definitive info

Last edited:

Spon888

HSC
So if someone wrote their own essay, and then someone else was able to regurgitate that essay because they had seen it before (of course with changes made accordingly to the question) would that still be up to the Head Marker's discretion?

Because they would just know that 2 essays are very similar, they wouldn't know which one was the genuine original one. So they would have to give them both the benefit of the doubt, or at least only deduct 1-2marks.

ps, they would especially know it the same marker happened to read both these essays in the one night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)