so who cheated? (1 Viewer)

xx__savannah

HSC
jackal8 said:
so really you don't know if there is a system to prevent this type of cheating?

yes its plagiarism, and yes its in there and yes one can regurgitate threethousand words come monday.

i want to know everythign abuot the HSC marking centre to see hwo they deal with this shit.

Geez, just relax -- hasn't your english teacher gone over this? If you're so stressed about it you should have asked them. You just have to understand that there are almost 62,000 exams the marking centre has to go through, and each marker gets a certain bunch, and those are then double marked (I think, could be confusing it with another subject though). My English teacher, who is also a senior marker, says that you do pick up on sections taken from crib resources (e.g. Excel) and certain phrases that are common to certain centres but I don't think you get penalised, or not too harshly at least. I don't think there's too much they can do about it.

Not saying this is the definitive truth, but it's at least some sort of answer.

Why not ring up the Advice Line, or a teacher, if you're so concerned about it, or wait for a few more people to post.

matty fwd

HSC
just on how they deal with plagarism.....last year at my school, 2 kids wrote the same story (it was given to them as a sample during the year). BOS called the school, asked about it etc.... in the end, the kids both got marked down for lack of originality, but that was it.

Makes sense too. Who would you take marks off, after all, you don't know which one copied (in this case both copied, but they couldn't prove that)

mpearse

HSC
jackal8 said:

yes its plagiarism, and yes its in there and yes one can regurgitate threethousand words come monday.

i want to know everythign abuot the HSC marking centre to see hwo they deal with this shit.
hold on...the fact that we dont know tells us that nobody knows and if nobody knows nobody knows how to beat the system. of course there are some! not to have any would be unfair and unjust....that is with regards to lets say 30 people from one school memorising the same essay...

mpearse

HSC
hold on...the fact that we dont know tells us that nobody knows and if nobody knows nobody knows how to beat the system. of course there are some! not to have any would be unfair and unjust....that is with regards to lets say 30 people from one school memorising the same essay...

Monstar

HSC
yeah. igave my notes to my friend. hes prolly just gonna learn all the same quotes and shit.. ahh im so screwed.

hello_world

HSC
You're brave posting a thread about how you cheated! What if a HSC marker was looking at this mememe you might get found out!

I know teachers look at these forums sometimes...

beststreet

HSC
N/A
what an interesting scenario.....i'd imagine that person to have alot of spare time to match my IP with my exam paper. best of luck to them.

your pics hot also

jackal8

HSC
firstly, i dont cheat.

secondly, our school has a FORUM

whereby the past weeks since trials involved EVERYONE SHARING NOTES

like you won
't believe

its called working the system.. read up on it.

im not too hyped up on finding out, sorry fi that came across in the wrong way (like the capitals above)

whatever i blew out of proportion i didnt..

what im stating is basically that the whole HSC examination process seems really flawed,f or English anyway..

very veyr flawed.. where plagiarism is so damn easy to do..

i DID ring up (well someone form my grade) the advice line and they said that they must mark it on its own credit regardless of andy plagiarism (sounds dodgy)

kthnxbye

and goodluck with modules everyone

ps.. any more thoughts would be appreciated

Kimber

The White Lion
HSC
I reckon they'd only recheck the exceptionally good band 6 essays for plaigarism and the sort.
If you plaigarised and it still was a substandard essay because you're an idiot and can't appropriate it to the question, i htink they would just give you a shit mark regardless.
Do you think they would put all the exceptional essays together and compare them? what constitutes punishable plaigarism in this context? An exact phrase? orr a few similar phrases?
It'd be too hard to. I think the best they can do is try and prevent it by the messages that 'teachers' browse this site' and 'plaigarism is a sin'.
Put yourself in the clear, make your writing unique by constantly mispelling a word, like plaigarism.

Spon888

HSC
matty fwd said:
just on how they deal with plagarism.....last year at my school, 2 kids wrote the same story (it was given to them as a sample during the year). BOS called the school, asked about it etc.... in the end, the kids both got marked down for lack of originality, but that was it.

Makes sense too. Who would you take marks off, after all, you don't know which one copied (in this case both copied, but they couldn't prove that)
I can understand this, because first of all the BOS probably found out that they copied from something their school gave them, therefore they both werent original. But -->

jackal8 said:
i DID ring up (well someone form my grade) the advice line and they said that they must mark it on its own credit regardless of andy plagiarism (sounds dodgy)
This scenario begs to differ (but that teacher might just have been clueless, theres big inconsistencies with the Advice Line, of course it depends on which teacher you get to talk to)

But because of the situation happening where after trials, everyone is sharing notes, then it would be very possible for others to 'use' others in the HSC. So they wouldn't know which one was the original, because if the BOS called your school, the school would go to both those people and ask, thus going against the anonymity of the HSC.

Nevertheless, there was no specific thing mentioned in the Marking Guidelines for 'Originality', not even in creatives i don't think.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Poster: I can understand your pain... when spelling.. I can't even spell his name.. i was constantly checking back at the section III part where it had his name :)
No worries from me, because its just a name, its not like youcopied a whole sentence on your shirt, ahahaha

BOS loves originality though, just because they don't say it....

mpearse

HSC
jackal8 said:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Why shouldn't you have "cheated"?
1.Skyznecki- you had a whole year to learn that word.
2.It was on the question paper.
3. They don't care about spelling.

It's too late to learn that word but fix that shirt up before a supervisor catches u out.

browntown

HSC
i wish i had really long hair.. that way i could hide a bluetooth handsfree and just hav a mobile streaming audio notes in my bag at the bak of the room..

but since i shaved my hair for world's greatest shave earlier this year i guess i miss out.. ah well lol

:p

chrismerjane

HSC
omg thats awesome :D
bluetooth headset!

just talk to yourself, reading out the question and hope for an answer on the other side ^^

although, the exam room is so quite everyone can probably hear the ear piece lol

and are you allowed to read out loud :/
im sure not an issue for most HSC students...

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
english is always remarked... coz my tutor marked someone who wrote the whole wind in the willows out, word by word last yr. she gave it a 0, the supervisor told her to give it a 7 for stored knowledge.

that plagarism...

so next time teachers say to u 'u plagarised' u just say 'nup, it is called, stored knowledge'.

(ok 7 is a shitty mark, but compared that to someone who actually made up a stori and got 4... it was crazy)

gracerawl88

HSC
well i think itd rather easy to cheat, since the moderator people didnt rly walk around...

if you need to cheat then your doomed anyway, you should know stuff well enough to not have to cheat. if you need to, your not prepared anyway regardless of notes written up your arm..

browntown

HSC
wen i was in the exam room heaps of ppl had fones in their bag.. and the superviser told everyone to get em out an give em to the techer..
then she tried to say why.. an she was like... ppl in hong kong are doing the hsc an they mite not of done it yet, an its been sed it takes 12 secs to get the paper on the internet

to be honest i hav no idea wat she was on bout.. an how that has anything to do with fones in ppls bags.. i think my audio notes over A2DP would be a better explanation than her ppl in china and stuff..
wats to stop me or anyone else after the exam scanning the paper in.. nothing.. thats wat ppl do..

also .. are there ppl overseas that do the hsc.. and at different times.. or was the supervisor just tripping off acid?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)