so who cheated? (2 Viewers)

beststreet

HSC
N/A
you know what you can buy these days

its a regular pen but acts as a scanner, you run the pen over your paper 1-2 cm above or so and it stores up to 100 A4 pages worth. then, you can go through your stored scans and project them onto surfaces.

so you just scan your notes with this $200 pen and project them quickly somewhere on desk, body whatever. brilliant

also, how many people do you think had previous knowledge of the paper. some random kids dad could be a techo at the government printers, catch a glance. there has to be a few kids in the state with a heads up

also, spelling was important. skrzynecki quotes "he was the millionth person that couldn't pronounce my name". it would look a tad ironic if i myself had mispelt his name when quoting that line.

my 2 cents

jackal8

HSC
nah think about all the international australian schools.. they all have ot do the HSC

and even in towns up north where theres like 1.5 hr time difference.. if we leave afetr the first hour as we are allowed to we can easily go and beep up the essay q's up north to our PALS

again FLAWED SYSTEM

back to cheating

its really easy and very difficult to prove/find

here here to kimber

oh no! the castle is falling

maskd

HSC
gracerawl88 said:
well i think itd rather easy to cheat, since the moderator people didnt rly walk around...

if you need to cheat then your doomed anyway, you should know stuff well enough to not have to cheat. if you need to, your not prepared anyway regardless of notes written up your arm..
True for a subject like English, but for a subject like history where you need to know a lot of dates, it can come in pretty handy having a few little points here and there.

I don't do history.

Last edited:

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
browntown said:
also .. are there ppl overseas that do the hsc.. and at different times.. or was the supervisor just tripping off acid?
Consider the fact that people's parents get posted overseas and the kids have to move too... they can either go to an international school or do correspondance (I think) or go to the other country's school of course!

But if the person is now living in, say, Europe/Africa/America/Middle Ease and even parts of Asia there is a time difference.

Someone mentioned time zones across Australia, but wouldn't the Western Aussies do their own equvalent of the HSC?

Ussia

HSC
Dude thats funny.. You should Be our Prime Minsiter .
lol your a funny one..

gracerawl88

HSC
true that, only NSW n ACT students do the HSC. does anyone else think the VCE is stupid? my bf is a VCE student and only has 3 exams, yet is able to apply for a UAI/ENTER score.

i did write maths formulas on my ruler once for like a yr 10 in school half yearly.. no one really cares.. is wrong but how bout this for an anecdote..

yr 10 SC, one of the students mother was a casual teacher at the school, and was a supervisor for the geography/history exam. many people have sed that they heard the girl ask her mother for help, n she gave her the answers... no way to prove it tho...

sx4daboiz

HSC
N/A
bittersweet_em said:
You're brave posting a thread about how you cheated! What if a HSC marker was looking at this mememe you might get found out!

I know teachers look at these forums sometimes...
Em!! I found u!! Skank! :p

jctaylor

HSC
In the marking centre, the table of ten teachers are given all the scripts from one school

One teacher marks all the scripts from a school, then the papers are double marked
They tend to not like it when they read the exact same essay on 100 different scripts, thats all

The way to beat the system is to think for your self and write your own essay

jackal8

HSC
"the table of ten teachers are given all the scripts from one school

One teacher marks all the scripts from a school"

so one person goes through the whole schools exams and that one person then determines whetehr there are overlaps (if he or she remembers the 200+ essays [depending on the size of the school])

then the ten markers are each given one tenth fo the schools essays and double marked

sounds

a/ very inefficient way of marking
b/ they have no way to tell if students have plagarised between schools

okay i understand i am being padantic, some might say thorough, on this, i am just very interested as we are never directly told of the measures they have taken place.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Sleiphnir said:
Pshaw that sounds pretty ridiculous. She'd be risking her entire SC and her mother would probably also get in severe trouble and might even lose pay/the opportunity to supervise again. Why would the mother know the answers anyway? She was a casual and I didn't think exam supervisors had a real chance to read through the paper/consider answers/even have the answers...

And anyway - aren't parents/family relatives not allowed to supervise for this reason? I thought that was a BOS rule....

My neighbour was a supervisor for my brothers HSC + my SC, but then again asking her for answers would have been a bad idea because she and her feral children like to attack and attempt to intimidate us all the time. Lol she called me a stupid bimbo because I shooed her cat off our property.
Dude, it's the SC. Let me guess - she didn't do the HSC, or is doing it and is failing miserably.

fallen__angel

Nocturnal Member
HSC
Uni Grad
matty fwd said:
just on how they deal with plagarism.....last year at my school, 2 kids wrote the same story (it was given to them as a sample during the year). BOS called the school, asked about it etc.... in the end, the kids both got marked down for lack of originality, but that was it.

Makes sense too. Who would you take marks off, after all, you don't know which one copied (in this case both copied, but they couldn't prove that)
what as in they were word-for-word exactly the same? what if they just had a similar story?

Julijana

HSC
OMg give the girl a break..i doubt it that coz she wrote wateva the word was on her skirt that shes gona prevent someone 'legitimate' from getting a uai higher to get into their course,, i mean im not for cheating but its not like she had a whole essay up her skirt! goshh

kittikat

HSC
hahahaha thats funny .. my friend she nail polish her nail like i think it was red .. n her nails is pretty long .. so some of her quotes is under her nails with the quotes she does not remember .. shes a right hander .. so she wrote her quotes in her left hand nails .. well she didnt get caught .. haha .. lucky her

Leeannio

HSC
It's crazy to think that people did small stuff - like the quotes under the fingernails or the name on the shirt - and admit to it. It makes me wonder how far others may have gone.

A few girls I know have applied for misadventures in exams they know they wouldn't have done well in - One was physics, I think the other extension maths. One of them was silly enough to tell someone about it the day before ("Do you think if I got a doctors cert I could apply for misadventure?").

I've worked my butt off and gone through the HSC honestly. Others have plaguirised their way through assessments (cut and paste), especially in humanities subjects. I wonder how many cut and pasters are going to be applying for misadventures?

Meh.

Carl_S

HSC
gracerawl88 said:
true that, only NSW n ACT students do the HSC. does anyone else think the VCE is stupid? my bf is a VCE student and only has 3 exams, yet is able to apply for a UAI/ENTER score.
Only one school in the ACT does HSC, which happens to be mine...lucky me. Beats the dodgy ACT system! Continual Assesment? What were they thinking?

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
cheating? is that even possible? even if we did, the supervisors do their little rounds and we'd probably get busted eventually. :S

so-nee-a

HSC
in one of my exams a classmate of mine brought her ipod in and was just listening to music and the ladies didn't say anything until maybe like after the test where they just gave everyone a general warning.

personally... if i had my ipod with me... it would be filled with answers and shit.. haha the conveniences of technology. so yea. who knows what people can get away with these days

Last edited:

Tamazoid

HSC
If you need to cheat, then you're probably not going to get a good mark even if your scheme succeeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)