• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

So who has sat in on lectures... (1 Viewer)

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
...that you haven't enrolled for?
Today I went into PHIL1007 in CLB8 and man was it boring, lol. All about appearence and reality and existentialism, blah, blah.
Last semester I sat in on a second year electrical engineering course in Keith Burrows. Went right up to the back right corner, pulled down the table and slept, hehe.
Oh I've also been to one or two PSYC lectures just to admire the pretty girls ;)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ive been to a few chem lectures with friends (sorry for posting in the unsw forum!!)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i went to psychology.. and some chinese one .. all they ever do is watch movies and do chinese caligrophy.... and went to one of the softwar enginerring ones a while bk... and it was borrring..... but i was bored aniwayz..

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
and went to one of the softwar enginerring ones a while bk... and it was borrring..... but i was bored aniwayz..
I'm not surprised.

I havn't sat in on any at UNSW, but I have been to USYD and sat in on some there (as well as some tutes).

RCMasterAA

HSC
Oh yeah I went to USYD on a weekly basis on semester 1 to visit a friend and sat in on their maths lectures as well a chem tute once. I must say they learn maths at a very different pace and order and it just seems as if they teach it in a more obscure way.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
...that you haven't enrolled for?
Today I went into PHIL1007 in CLB8 and man was it boring, lol. All about appearence and reality and existentialism, blah, blah.
Last semester I sat in on a second year electrical engineering course in Keith Burrows. Went right up to the back right corner, pulled down the table and slept, hehe.
Oh I've also been to one or two PSYC lectures just to admire the pretty girls ;)
In phil1007 yesterday there was a guy sitting in front of me who had pulled out a calculator and was busy doing some other work that was clearly not philosophy. That wasn't you by any chance, was it? :p

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
i went to quite a few higher comp lectures (comp1711) even tho i do just comp1011... but that was cuz i dropped down from higher (ran away from the workload :D) but i still preferred the lecturer...

RCMasterAA

HSC
Haha nah, I was way up the front, like 3rd row, slouching and being a skeptic :p
Though there was this guy in the front row who kept on raising his hand to ask a question and then putting it down, raising it, putting it down, etc. He looked to be in this 30s or even more, was asian and seemed a bit crazy, hehe.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
Haha nah, I was way up the front, like 3rd row, slouching and being a skeptic :p
Though there was this guy in the front row who kept on raising his hand to ask a question and then putting it down, raising it, putting it down, etc. He looked to be in this 30s or even more, was asian and seemed a bit crazy, hehe.
The guy who wears a cap? He was in my hist lectures last session.He would always talk to himself through the whole thing and yeah, is a bit of a nutcase. I don't think he's even enrolled or anything. :/

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
go to foundation lectures; interesting composition of students

"good, lar"

RCMasterAA

HSC
Lundy said:
The guy who wears a cap? He was in my hist lectures last session.He would always talk to himself through the whole thing and yeah, is a bit of a nutcase. I don't think he's even enrolled or anything. :/
lol he started to piss me off after a while and I was screaming to myself, "stop doing it!"

Anyone have any really amusing lecturers? I wouldn't mind having a sit through one of their lectures.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
went to a comparative development lecture yday.. it was good

probly enroll in it now

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
was planning to go to richard's crypto lecture, but dang it's late at night, and i had nothing at tuesdays. kinda bad since it looks really good, and it's a lot about hacking / cracking :S..

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
how do u know when his crypto lecture is on?
what other subjects does he lecture?
i reckon richard's the best lecturer i've had by far :)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
so you were in 1711? you know your sig is somewhere in the 1711 wiki :p.

richard's crypto lecture is 5-8 tuesday (night).. and the cs3441 forum looks like a clone of the 1711 forum.. let's crash on his lecture and watch it for the sake of watching him :). Having a full lecture would help his self esteem, unless people talk..

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
i dropped halfway thru (around mid-semester break) to run away from assignment 2 :D
then i realised how bad 1011 was so i was regretting the decision but i couldn't change back ah well... ended up only going to around 2 of lambert's lectures and skipping the remaining 27...

ah... all the fun i missed out on ~_~

but i did go to richard's final lecture and saw u guys give him the pressie... :)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
underthesun said:
Having a full lecture would help his self esteem, unless people talk..
His lecture is already full, completely, he dosn't need any more help filling it ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)