• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

So...who wants to talk about the exam? :) (1 Viewer)

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
At least its over....yep....just keep telling myself that!

No, it wasn't that bad but I stuffed up a couple of questions- how'd you guys go?

The examiner was SO nice, she made me feel really comfortable!

meh, my examiner was ok, had an unhealthy obsession with the future tho.
I was anticipating a question on the olympics but missed out on one, which was a pity coz i would have loved a queastion, like "Est ce que tu as regarde les jeux olympiques?"
Not looking foward to extension next week. Its gonna be pretty hard.
But well its over for 2u now, and im so happy, and im going to try to stop replaying the exam in my mind.
ITS DONE AND OVER, YAY!!!

I know - in trials I only got 3 and a half minutes total, i really didnt have much to say on the topics give. Hopefully Ill be able to rant and bullshit heaps on the questions next saturday.
Did u have ur exam today at auburn, coz i was at gordon today and im there agian for extesion next saturday.

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
nope, today I was at James Cook in Kogarah, which was ok.

It didn't seem like there were that many ppl there, and it all went very smoothly. But yeah, I thought that the questions were a bit easy, and when I didn't elaborate, she just jumped onto a completely different question

oh well. it went really fast, don't u reckon?

I'm at auburn for extension next week

Yeah, it did come really fast. But towards the end of the test i was like oh come i just want out!!!
My examiner didnt really let me elaborate alot. Id say a few sentences, and then she'd cut me off, sometimes using some of my "bait". Like i said, I like to ski, said a few more lines and then she cut me off and said, have yous skiied in france? And so id have to talk about that. And yeah, it really pissed me off.
I talked to my french teacher after the exam and she said that i probably gave the impression i had a lot to say and that that was a good thing and why the examiner kept cutting me off. I don't know, i hope it was. I feel like i didnt perform to my best in some of the questiions. But...
One of the teachers at my school is the chef examiner of french for nsw, and he said the markers will go for an "impression mark" and not mark you down just for one or two questions that you dint go well in. So i hope i did well, it just pisses me off how we never find out our speaking mark.

chepas

HSC
^^ Skeeze, is your teacher a Mr Maniska or something? I had him at the PLC day July last...

My examiner today was really nice. The calming thing, whatever it is they do to calm you down, works. :D

Extension next week. ARGH... my habit is that I divert on tangents then get tangled up in irrelevent crap and so I talk like 5 minutes on each damn question, which is mostly rambling on about crap, and 'euh, ah', 'pause'. Extension will not be so far.

There's a centre in Auburn? Excellent. I live so much closer to Auburn than Gordon, my school's closer to Auburn too, yet they send me to damned Gordon for next week? Excellent. Is it too late to ring BOS and maybe change the venue?

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
Mmmm, i know, its so frustrating! Here's two things that went really bad in my one, that i just have to get out of my system

first, I was talking about how I went to america (!) and I started to talk about the culture, but I boxed myself in, because of some stupid reason i don't know why, I started telling this 'story'- but i had no idea what i was talking about and the story had no point so i just kind of faded off.......<------like that

and the other thing is i stuffed up the last question. completely. so bad!

Our trials for ext were ok.. fingers crossed that there's no freezing up next week!

Na, the chief examiner (theres probably more than one) at our school is barry weir. A couple years ago he was the peroson that reads out the listening questions in the hsc listening. When we did that listening test as a half yearly last year we all did so badly because we just couldnt stop laughing at his voice.

He's not allowed to teach us for either extension or 2u now tho, so we have another teacher , mrs stockdale, but i dont know what her story is...

TRy calling up bos, you might get lucky and be able to go to auburn rather than gordon. Personally ill be happy to be at ravenswood again so i can catch a train down to central to go to unsw open day after the exam (Which for me fortunately starts at 9am) Hopefully the waiting time wont be too long.

chepas

HSC
Yeh I wil ring them tomorrow.... Sounds a bit odd that they don't get us to go to the same centre for both 2U and 3U... maybe they don't have it at Newtown again... What's the address for the Auburn venue, skeeze? Is it nearish the station or out in the sticks of Auburn?

Eurgh... Just think, this time next week we never have to speak French again, sigh. :)

chepas

HSC
Yeh I wil ring them tomorrow.... Sounds a bit odd that they don't get us to go to the same centre for both 2U and 3U... maybe they don't have it at Newtown again... What's the address for the Auburn venue, skeeze? Is it nearish the station or out in the sticks of Auburn?

Eurgh... Just think, this time next week we never have to speak French again, sigh. :)

hahaha out in the sticks of Auburn, how funny.
I dont know where the centre at auburn is, i went to gordon for continuers and ill be there on saturday too.

ally86f

novice
HSC
did anyone at james cook high have a red headed woman? shes my teacher..

if you did, she said the candidature was very good, so thumbs up

ill be at gordon again for extension.. that is, if i dont shit my pants and die beforehand.

chepas

HSC
Re: Shitting pants/dieing - I tried doing the 2004 NAFT trial today, I spent 8 minutes just doing notes on the first question. Argh I am so screwed in with a philipshead... I can just see myself shaking and not knowing what the heck I'm doing.

I phoned BOS today about changing the venue, woman said to fax a man because requests need to be made in writing, man hasn't faxed me back yet >:|

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
the auburn ones at auburn girls high, but i guess you know that by now!

i was at james cook, but no red head lady :(
A curly short black haired lady but...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)