so who's doing History Extension? (1 Viewer)

ccc123

HSC
I'm considering it. Still, I'm not sure whether I want another ext (because i'm doing ext eng). I'm doing Mod atm and love it, but Ext, I think, is more dominated by an exploration of what history is.

x.glam

HSC
i hear theres a major work for it though. anyone care to explain what is it that you have to do exactly and maybe just give an idea of what you had to do...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Part 2: History Project

Purpose: A project in which students investigate one or more significant historical questions in a topic area of their own choice

Presentation:
The Proposal- Outline of focus questions, pre-reading and anticipated research strategies.
The essay- synopsis and essay
The bibliography- source lsit and selected annotations.
The process log- sequence of the process, reflections on, and evaluation of, methodology and validation of student work.
It's a huge thesis that takes up 40% of your course time, and requires you to research your chosen topic and undertake it in a historigraphical way. :)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
It's a huge thesis that takes up 40% of your course time, and requires you to research your chosen topic and undertake it in a historigraphical way. :)
40% of class time but 80% of the school based assessment mark.

60% of class time is taken up with the Historiography section and the Case Study but only worth 20% of the school based assessment (and all of the HSC exam mark of course).

The Extension course has many positives particularly the research project as students develop great skills that will serve them in the future.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
i was actally quite intersted in ancient his n now im droppin it for hsc cuz its SO BORIN I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOIN ANCIENT HIS let alone his ext unless YOU REALLY LIKE IT becuause i tend to fall asleep in class alot, its a literacy subject so you would have to be able to handle alot of writing..
i hav an inclass essay comin up nxt week where the teacher expects 6pgs n i havnt evn started

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)