So who's ready for tomorrow's exam? (1 Viewer)

Freckles14

HSC
I don't think I am. I'm just praying for a nice straightforward paper... wishful thinking, I know. :(

Anyone else in the same situation?

Enigmanation

HSC
I'm with you dude, hopefully as straightforward as possible considering im only really starting to learn my essay today.

Katherwin

HSC
Yeah, I hope its straighforward! I'm fine for the essay (I hope) but I'm a little worried about the story. I have two stories prepared that I'm really happy with, I'm just worried they'll ask us to do some weird "pretend your a character in one of the prescribed texts" like they've done in the past. That'll screw me over.

Can't wait till its over.

Freckles14

HSC
I'm the opposite... I'm hoping I get a good mark on the story to make up for the undoubtedly pathetic essay the markers will be forced to suffer through.

I'm the only one in the class too so it's not like I can scab marks off anyone :(

vantastic

HSC
I have two stories for tomorrow, one i like more than the other, but its a bit hard to work into stuff, as for the essay, i had a massive panic attack and realised they could be bastards and ask for all three presribed and realised i only know two so now i have 26 quotes for a one hour essay...

shanellemaloney

HSC
I think I'm pretty ready for it.. :)
Like I really don't like creative writing at the best of times, but i have a few ideas to go in with so I think that helps..
I know my prescribed texts and my texts of own choosing.. I'm just hoping they don't ask for like 1 prescribed text and 3 additional texts..

sirpoopalot7

HSC
I'm major cbfing for it at the moment. Really surprising. I shouldn't be too as I'm like 34/71 rank. I'm doing notes for my related texts now, cramming ftw.

GN-Aymes

HSC
Luckily I can pretty much think up a story on the spot
The essay is gonna be a killer...
Like seriously, I love science fiction and all, but 2001 Space Odyssey just doesn't do anything for me.
I'm hoping for the easy paper option

(Dam Sig pic doesn't work :mad1:)

LinziJane

HSC
It's hard to know whether I'm ready or not. I mean, I've studied, but every time I try to practice for an essay or story it just seems pointless because I know I can write an essay.. i know I can write a story.. There's just no way you can really prepare for stimulus or essay question. Guess I can only continue learning crime writing.. which I've been learning every lesson for the last year...

Should go OK though I hope. Just struggling with study at the moment cause I have no idea how to prepare..

meliebot

HSC
I think I'm pretty ready for it.. :)
Like I really don't like creative writing at the best of times, but i have a few ideas to go in with so I think that helps..
I know my prescribed texts and my texts of own choosing.. I'm just hoping they don't ask for like 1 prescribed text and 3 additional texts..
Oh I would be screwed if they asked for 3 related texts...as I only basically have 2. Is that bad???
I hope they ask for 2 prescribed and 2 related. I'm definitely prepared for that. Especially for the prescribed. I know them really well. Just...not...related.

banipal753

HSC
say they did ask for 3 prescribed and 1 supp ........ or 1 prescribed and 3 supp

and we decided to write 2 of each, how would this affect us marks-wise?

ozgirl123

HSC
say they did ask for 3 prescribed and 1 supp ........ or 1 prescribed and 3 supp

and we decided to write 2 of each, how would this affect us marks-wise?
haha well according to all the kids who did ONE related text for advanced

"if you don't follow the instructions you should be marked down"

I wouldn't be too worried but - just read over some of the stuff you did in class for your prescribed just so you have an idea...

as for related can they really ask for more than 2. If they do the majority of my class will be screwed...

*fingers crossed?*

Freckles14

HSC
as for related can they really ask for more than 2.quote]

If I've learned anything from my HSC exams, it's that the BOS can ask pretty much ANYTHING they want.

That being said though, I don't think they'd be so evil as to say "at least three" for prescribed or related texts.

Shortii Tania

im not short, im fun size
HSC
I was told by my teacher to know two self selected texts...nothing about three.
i think thats fn ridiculous to do more than two. fair enough this is an extended course and harders course than eng advnced, but we shouldnt have to incorporate 5 texts to talk about in an essay...like wtf

banipal753

HSC
surely your essay must be pretty superficial in regards to the depth of your analysis, you physically cannot analyse 9 in an hour or so and expect good marks

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
If you do 9 it's not so much text analysis, but genre analysis with a broad pool of examples.

boganxcore

HSC
dont worry havent started learning quotes or anything yet. no pressure :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)