So you think you want a motorcycle? (6 Viewers)

JClamp

Banned
HSC
post pix of your piece of shit dirt bike

i could beat u in a race

race in the aquaduct?

yuri_gagarin

Banned
HSC
i already did post pics
it isnt pretty lol by any standards
i can beat a cbr250rr so okay

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Throwing good money at bad money, whats the point? Just wont deal with the any more and warn others away from them.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Throwing good money at bad money, whats the point? Just wont deal with the any more and warn others away from them.
demand they replace it
it was fine when it went there (going to go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt here)
get the last mech that worked on it to say it was fine (which it was), and hasn't been worked on since

go in, and politely yet firmly _explain_ the situation to them
if not, send a letter of demand and go from there

you realise $600 is almost 1/4 of what you paid for it, right?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I loled at Mino pride, originally from woodbine lol.

Az your right, there was NOTHING wrong with it when it went in to be cleaned (At On Two Wheels) . But when i got it back, it was still stalling and refusing the Revs and all they said to me was to keep the Revs up. Me, being the hands on type i am, decided to gut the bike again and found that where the throttle was attached to the carbi, it was quite literally held down with a cable tie.

I then sent to a independent dealer (Bike store on blaxland road, good mechys, work on ANY bike.) and they said they would get back to me. I get the phone call today saying the Carbis are gone completely, the throttle connection on it has snapped (my mind snapping to the cable tie) and the inlets are cracked. HE then said the snapped part is really fresh, like two weeks fresh. Same time i took it to OTW.

The only thing i have is my word against a franchise who will throw money to save face, i have no photographic evidence and the throttle cable was only one problem, the inlets were cracked as well, and my new mechy could tell the cable tie was fairly new, but the inlets were cracked and have been for a decent amount of time. I asked the mechy what i should do and he said he wouldnt bother im my position, it would be like drawing blood from a brick wall. He said he will get me the best deal on a new carbi+manifolds+rear tyre and from what i have found it is fairly decent.

My aunt, who is a solicitor said Consumer of Fair trading would not even touch it as we have no evidence it was broken before being sent in and its a inexperienced mechy (me) up against a workgroup of experienced mechys.

Might send a assertive (lol year 7) email and outline my position and views, but odds of me getting my money back is slim to non.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
on the off chance they did do it, threatening letter would work
imo it was just like that when you bought it
lesson learned?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Lesson learnt.

I now love my Nan very much.

quik.

HSC
Go round to a couple wreckers and pick up the carb there imo

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
flew past highway patrol at 110 in the service lane
filtered past a cop that booked my friend and legged it so i didn't get done by him
lane split like a whole 2km or something

good start to the day

quik.

HSC
Why are you getting the 650?

If you are on your learners/Ps, the 250 is the same physical size (in case you are getting it cos you are a giant) + you don't have to deal with a restricted motorcycle which I predict would be hard to sell

If you are full licence why would you get a hyosung?

yuri_gagarin

Banned
HSC
or he could just get the 650, because in lams spec it has double the power of the 250 and once de-restricted it gains another 20kw giving it 3 times the power..

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Why are you getting the 650?

If you are on your learners/Ps, the 250 is the same physical size (in case you are getting it cos you are a giant) + you don't have to deal with a restricted motorcycle which I predict would be hard to sell

If you are full licence why would you get a hyosung?
Yeah I suspect a 650 Hysoung will have shit resale considering how cheap 3-4 year old Jap supersports are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)