So you think you want a motorcycle? (1 Viewer)

Evilwetwilly

HSC
fairly sure its not illegal to sell a second hand helmet.

besides i havent actually used the helmet before. But then again thats just my word on an forum.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
will have saved a decent sum of money by the time uni starts/suspension ends
contemplating investing in a second set of wheels
thinking an rvf, which I might be happy with for the next 3 years, or
an rs125/250 which I can play with at eastern ck
or a pos naked, which I can tinker with

or do i just throw it all under my mattress and buy something shiny with more power than i'll ever need once i get unrestricted

quik.

HSC
Tracking a 2 stroke can become expensive, and can often have a lot of downtime

Consider how often you would actually go to the track... if fairly regularly, I would get an older 600 i4 tbh

Factor in the cost of leathers, tyres, trailer or ute if you don't have one already, track day fees themselves, and x amount for your first stack

Road bikes you have an ok amount of choice, test ride heaps of LAMS bikes and if you think the rvf would go the distance then go for it. Take an sxv 550 for a spin imo, just for the hell of it

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Buying my bike and using it on the racetrack is obviously the correct thing to do.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
60hrs intervals

p good for high end supermotor apparently

i reckon build you own supermoto based on ktm525exc

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Hmm, wouldn't mind a 90s supersport that I can play around with on the track/work on til I can take it on the roads legally. What am I looking at for a mid 90's 600/thou (preferrably a vtr or TL or something) thats in good nick (not necessarily roadworthy).

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Well for example you could get a 1994 FZR600 for $2500.

or this
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1994-Suzuki-RF900R_W0QQitemZ130353975877QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Motorcycles?hash=item1e59b3d245#ht_1247wt_958

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
red bikes DO go faster
really though i dont mind dropping more on the ticket if it gets better aftermarket parts etc for when i inevitably crash it

quik.

HSC
don't sxv's have spastic service intervals though
Yeah I didn't say buy one. Just that having the ability to test ride one and not is such a shame.

Hmm, wouldn't mind a 90s supersport that I can play around with on the track/work on til I can take it on the roads legally. What am I looking at for a mid 90's 600/thou (preferrably a vtr or TL or something) thats in good nick (not necessarily roadworthy).
If you are keen on a twin that has a large aftermarket, the sv is where you should look imo. Massive scene in america etc as far as I know, heaps of aftermarket, many people sing its praises.

I would avoid a thou as a first trackbike because you will (most likely) slow your progress rightttt downnn compared to a ~600 class. Also if you munt up a TL or SP1/SP2 I will end you.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
FZR insured for 4500.

Someone please take it out.

quik.

HSC
If it's muffler is falling off and shit just send it through an intersection on its side again

Little bit of curb love would help to, I guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)