So.... (1 Viewer)

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
How was the first day for whoever had uni today?
anything interesting or exciting happen around uni?

HSC
N/A
Peak hour traffic on my way to uni, took me an hour and a half to get there (normally it's only half an hour). Wished I was home, considered falling asleep at wheel before realising I could break a nail that way. But oh wait! Two of them were broken last night whilst playing "spoon" with friends. Boo. :(

Stood in line at 9:30am for parking permit. Got bored, realised I'd never get my permit before my lecture, so left.

Was amused in ARTS210 lecture, thank god we have Guy Morrow again! (he's hilarious and really down to earth). Noticed Fluro Pink girl in the back row of the room... fluro pink girl is in my ARTS210 lecture!!! (nb: "fluro pink girl" is a girl who wears this fluro pink headscarf with fluro pink eyeshadow and LOTS of fluro pink accessories, and often wears fluro pink in some way shape or form. I'm sure she's a lovely person, but all the fluro pink is just so attention-grabbing it's the only thing I can think of when I look in her direction).

Had breakfast with my fellow bca friend. Walked around the stalls after, got bored and went to sit outside our ENGL218 lecture. Lots of people there. About half an hour later my friend gets up and reads the note on the door - lecture only starts in week two. 'doh. Friend decides to go home, Lynn decides to sleep in her car for the hour. zzzz's are so good.

ENGL210 seminar was pretty good... corvenor wanted some of us to change classes, but as I'd already gotten to like our tutor (she's a CHILDREN'S WRITER! yay!) I decided to not be nice and change time (I basically write pulp fiction for teenagers, I've been so terrified about being in an "arty-farty postmodernism" class).

And that's been my day.... came home, crashed on couch and watched TV. Want to sleep now, so tired :S

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
got there at 12, prayed to the gods for a parking spot and instantly found one. Was at the mentor tent from about 12 until 2. When to shops. Got to lecture at 4, realised i didnt have any notebooks so ran to newsagents and got some. Heard lecture. went home.

Ill be at the tent tommorrow if anyone wants to say hi :)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Got to uni at about 2.30, went to lunch with a friend, lectures from 3 till 7pm. Drove back home.

Probably doing more exciting things tomorrow.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MAS203 was fun, seems like a pretty good unit.
MUS305, still kinda deciding whether to continue, on one hand its hardcore guitar, on the other it'll make me a better guitarist so *shrugs*

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
asylum ya bastard, you snobbed me. you in your orange shirt and your bling bling around your neck, and your headphones on.

Phanatic

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Noticed Fluro Pink girl in the back row of the room... fluro pink girl is in my ARTS210 lecture!!!
Courtney is very cool - involved with Dramac and the Musical society and all that. That will be a fun class!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
asylum ya bastard, you snobbed me. you in your orange shirt and your bling bling around your neck, and your headphones on.
And let the stalking begin haha :p

Where were ya ? Sifnt come say hi :(

iwannarock

HSC
woke up at 9am. didnt actually leave for my tute til like 10:40. i sorta wandered around the house for ages.

tute is gonna be tough. its the downside of having a tutor who knows what she's doing. strict, marking strict etc.

law lecture was like criminal last year. thats good. constitution is like the criminal law of 3rd year.

lecture was as boring as batshit. i had to entertain myself with a yoyo and a ball that i lost.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
AsyLum said:
And let the stalking begin haha :p

Where were ya ? Sifnt come say hi :(
dude you were walking fast... i was in a sports stall selling myself... mate im killing it. chicks come and i tell them im not really part of the club and all of a sudden they lose interest in joining...

you were walking away from the sam newsagent, toward mac theatre, and were near the stairs/queue for the fees...

come find me wednesday ill be about...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh cool, yeah matey, haha they just want you ;)

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
at uni on wed thurs fri oj
what about u mate

sounds like everyone had a smashing day of uni today
"cant wait for weds"

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Phanatic said:
Courtney is very cool - involved with Dramac and the Musical society and all that. That will be a fun class!
Oh I think she's a friend of a friend of mine...works at the lolly place at Mac Centre I think..

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
My first day of uni was fine. I only had a ling248 lecture and it was pretty funny because the overhead caught on fire, so we got permission to leave earlier than we should've. Joined a few clubs during o-week as well. Shame about the weather though!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Got to law tute at 9am, I know a lot of people in my class which is good because it will make life easier when it comes to studying and doing those crappy in-class presentations. Finished tute at 10 (an hour early) so bought a legal dictionary (so exciting :rolleyes:) to pass the time waiting for Steve to finish.

Went home, only to return at 5.30 for Steve's 6pm lecture. I stayed in the library listening to the Const lecture via trusty ilecture, but browsed BoS and Vogue forums while ilecture was playing in the background. I dont think I missed much. Steve left lecture an hour early because they were doing all that first year introductory crap (its a first year comp unit).

Went to Hornsby for Thai dinner which was the highlight of the day. Went home and watched Supernatural while Steve printed out 50 pages of notes, and then fell asleep out of boredom.

Ta da!

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Lol, I met Courtney the fluro pink girl today, I knew one of her friends and they're both in CUL 203(performance studies) with me. They're not in my workshop class though..I'm a bit scared about those. Been a long time since I did any form of drama.
But yeah, first day back was pretty cool, hope it bodes well for the rest of the year!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
boinkBOINK said:
at uni on wed thurs fri oj
what about u mate

sounds like everyone had a smashing day of uni today
"cant wait for weds"
im monday and wednesday... you doing bba204?

dude not keen on being el nigel man... i was hoping at least 1 person i know would be doing bba315

CieL

HSC
1st day.. I thought the lecturer's name was Allah instead of Allan because his writing was kinda.. screwed..

*thinks*

Well, I thought the blonde chick that sat next to me was overconfident about uni because in the first 10mins of the lecture she didnt write anything.. until I realised she didnt have a pen and I lent her one.. then she told me later that she did have a pen but she flicked it somewhere then lost it..

Other than that.. I learnt how to make decisions and be cheap in bba103

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, she could've been smart, I don't usually write things in intro lectures :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)