so (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
you don't get to chose ur timetable, but are most of u full time students at uni 5 days a week?
It would suck balls to be at uni 5 days a week

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah, southern cross does it as well, well at lismore any ways.

Ppl should at least be able to pic their tutorials... o wello

ACU_chicka

HSC
yeah its possible to be at uni 5 days, but when ur studying teaching its more than likely u will be whether u want to be or not.... also depends on ur subjects, but yah.... i got my timetable today and i have wed off uni but ill be doing prac, so i dont get n e days off to rest unfortunatly.

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah, it'll just be a bitch that's all cause after an hour n a bits train ride home i wont wanna do any study, lol.

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
i'm a full time student, n have thurs and fri off...but then again i'm only doing a BA....too stupid to get into teaching, but hey, i'll have 2 pieces of paper at the end of it all.

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol, I hope my GPA doesn't bring my UAI down, I have to do really well this semester to bring my GPA up in line with my UAI so I can get into wood teaching.
Even if i'm at uni 5 days a week at least it'll be 5 days where I'm happy doing what i'm doing.

ACU_chicka

HSC
hey sweet seasons ;)

yeah thats true, im doing industrial its so fun ;)
we have to make a toy this semester plus other assessments but thats the most FUNN!!! ;)

SweetSeasons

HSC
lo, I can't wait, I just hope I dont stuff my GPA up n hence my chances of getting in the course, I want it so badly

mishka

HSC
N/A
i'm at uni 5 days a week this semester, but not full on days. for instance on fridays i only have to go for maths from 3-5pm (which kinda sucks, but noone in their right mind would WANT that tute!!) this is the only disadvantage of being a small uni.

i found that driving there cuts out a lot of time wasting... i can catch a train to strathfield (at least 50 mins) and walk up to the uni (20 mins) but then there's also walking from my house to the station (about 20 mins all up). so that's 1 1/2 hours. but driving only takes me 45 mins-1 hour so i save quite a bit of time.

you have the opportunity to swap tutorial times if you can find someone to swap with, or you can show up and pray that there's an empty spot.

i'll just stick to my timetable for this semester and hope that i'll get my turn next semester :D

(we also do 5 subjects so maybe when we go down to 4 we'll have more people getting a day off.

Last edited:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
whereas i on the other hand found 3 tutes with empty spots and managed to change to all of them.. so i have fridays off and i only have to come on thursday mornings 8-9:30am... practically a 4 day weekend lol
yeh driving there gives so much more time.. it takes me 25-40 minutes (depending on traffic) to get there from my place.. whereas if i went to sydney it would take me an hour and a half each way.
did i also mention the free parking.. though the parking lot fills up quick theres heaps of streets around you can park on and its not that far to walk from there..

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
haha, when i get my p's my travelling time will go from bout 1hr each way to 10-15 mins each way, 20 if the traffic is heavy. hehe

mishka

HSC
N/A
where will you be coming from, sweetseasons??

and what are you hoping to transfer into? and what from? (sorry for all the questions, just curious, that's all :D)

hahaha edit:: just noticed your location "blue mountains" rofl

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol, yeah I'm lower blue mountains, it'll be like an hour n 15 min train ride, which is ok, but like 15 mins 2 the station in the morning and then the 20 min walk to the uni.
Which really is only an extra 30 mins travel then what I'm doing at the moment going to Parramatta UWS

I'm hoping to transfer into Bach of Teaching/Bach of Arts - Technology

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah driving isn't really an option for me, train is cheeper and I don't have a car

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)