Soccer! omg Madrid lost... (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by marsenal
What's with all the Gunner bashing?
It's not that we have anything in particular against Arsenal ... It's just that people (often) go for the underdogs! :p

I'm interested to see what players Man U buy ... and what overpriced players Liverpool buy! :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah man yoo have been linked with a promising keeper from the states called Tim Howard, he's in his mid 20's i think. Havnt seen him play but he's suppose to be promising. if they are going to replace barthez they need someone who will form part of the man utd franchise for the next few years. If possible they should go for guys like buffon,toldo,robinson.
Personally i reckon they should sell Beckham for heaps( 35 mill pounds atleast) then with that money buy kewell,emerton and a decent keeper. they'll be short a striker but they've managed with that for the past few seasons. Kewell can play anywhere unlike scholes so he'll be a top buy. Emerton i think can shine in the prem league. He might not have the crossing ability of beckham but he has enough class around him in the midfield to be a decent threat if he joins (giggs,keane,veron,scholes).
Anyway im really diasspointed with my hammers, hopefully they can get promoted..but they wont be the same team with half of them likely to leave.

professor

beckham gone, mau utd gets 35 million pound that yr
after 1 yr, merchandise drops by 10%
after 2 yrs....god knows how many fans r left supporting man utd, coz u know, heaps of ppl support beckham more than man utd...

as for replacing emerton for becks...its hard to say, emerton show that he can attack in right mid...but the big problem is the crossing...beckham is best in the world in this area and if u take that out, man utd will be missing one weapon in the attack...

for gk...man utd, buy Robinson!!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
since im a man utd fan, i just like to pick on the gunners:p :D no hard feelings... :D yeah they are a good team to watch but they don't have enough hunger to win right right now.

Man Utd will NOT sell beckham to buy emerton. If beckham is sold to madrid(not gonna happen), with the 35mil pounds, you can buy kewell - 8 mil, duff - 10 mil, kluivert/ronaldinho - 17mil, or something equivalent to these players. emerton would prolly move to newcastle where he get more opportunity in the midfield. though man utd should be able to buy emerton without selling beckham(though i really dun think man utd should buy emerton) by selling some of teh reserve team members and barthez, also in this way we can buy the likes of niemi and robinson plus a few under 21 stars like that french guy (cant remember the name)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
... a few under 21 stars like that french guy (cant remember the name)
I think his name is Cisse! :D

professor

Cisse is the striker Houllier wants atm...
the under 21 French guy is Mexes...defender

Talking bout Houllier buying Cisse, he isn't exactly the player Liverpool needs up front...Liverpool will be better off snaping Kevin Phillips(yes, him!) coz he is a different striker compared to Owen, Baros and Heskey...and Liverpool needs that variation in the attack...
as for the selling becks to buy the likes of Kewell, Robinson, Emerton or Kluviert...no need, Peter Kenyon will give money to Ferguson to spend this summer...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by professor
Peter Kenyon will give money to Ferguson to spend this summer...
Yeah! Man U have more than enough money to buy another team in the Premier League! Tho I think their recent acquisitions of Ferdinand and Veron were a little overpriced ... Although Veron has been very very useful especially in the CL!

professor

i almost fell off my chair when i first read bout the news on how much Man Utd paid for him, sure he has the class for his age...but i thought Man Utd could have snapped Nesta at that price...

as for Veron...he had a good start in Premier League but he started to drop off a bit coz the pace of the game....CL is his type as it gets more technical and the pace slows down a lil bit...
and for some reason, whenever i see Veron plays, he tends to play pretty defensively...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
as for Veron...he had a good start in Premier League but he started to drop off a bit coz the pace of the game....CL is his type as it gets more technical and the pace slows down a lil bit...
and for some reason, whenever i see Veron plays, he tends to play pretty defensively...
Same! Veron is very solid as a defender ... If he is in form, I think he's as good as Beckham as a crosser (Tho some are bound to disagree)!

Tho I think Man U need a real GK (Barthez can crack!) ... as well one more defender!

Ah ... I wonder if Arsenal will crash tonight! :D

Btw when does the new season start for the EPL?!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
EPL from memory restarts in august sometime.
I think Man Yoo are pretty much set despite a solid keeper and an extra genuine striker. their defense i think is in good hands, with brown,rio,oshea and silvestre doing pretty well. Oshea is one to watch, he can even play midfield like he did for a bit in the CL quarter against madrid.

As with Veron, i think he's a pretty good passer and can cross the ball quite a bit as well but probaly not as good as beckham but nearly better than most others.

btw anyone play championship manager?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
FA Cup Final in about half an hour ... Any guesses for the scoreline!

I think - Arsenal 3, Southamption 1! (Unless, SBS advertised falsely ... and it isn't live!)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i'll go for southhampton 3 - 1 shock winners over the gunners, just to be different :p.

yeah CM4 is tops, currently in my 2nd season with west ham and fighting for a place in europe.

professor

lol...score? hard to say but i'll tip gunners with a 3-2 win...high scoring match no doubt

CM4, i'm with Barcelona...2nd season...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
If only they could give us a reasonable kick-off time! Not happy! :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
12:30
That is just so ...

I'm not even sure I'm going to stay up to watch it then! It's only the FA Cup ... *Shrugs* :(

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
1- 0, oh well, at least arsene can stop sulking now:D

I actually think Man Utd not only needs a goal keeper and another striker in the mould of a kluivert, but should also look for a backup central defender cuz brown and neville is always injured (at least for the begining of next season) and a good holding mid... the plastic hip isnt doing Keane any favours and he's no where near what he was few years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)