Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Everton's UEFA co-efficient would be non-existant so chances are they might have to play a top Italian, Spanish or German team in the qualifying round.

I don't think they'd make it through if they play like they've been doing recently.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Very good point Hectic, I don't think the FA would fancy Everton's chances against Villareal or Udinese at all. I'm still thinking that they might rule in favour of Liverpool purely because they want as many of their teams playing in the competition proer as possible.

HSC
What a rip allowing 5 teams from one nation to play in the CL. I don't care if the side (whether Liverpool or Real) win the cup and finish 5th in the league, the rules are clear as should what should happen.

UEFA need to have more balls than to just submit to "G14" clubs about many issues and this is one of them. Maybe I am a tad bias because I don't want to see an Italian side miss out, but too many teams from one nation ruins the comp.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
jim_green said:
I wonder which country would suffer at the expense of Liverpool should it happen. Whoever it is, they're gonna be mighty pissed.
They'd probably just take away a place from the qualifying round somewhere, no?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah, I was thinking that. Nice to see someone sticking by the Knights even now btw. Have some rep.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
maybe we should stick them into an actual champions league and leave the other clubs to play for actual placings in their own nations. how ridiculous is it that the most watched race is for 4th in england?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
If they take a spot away from a minnow Association then I'd be more unfair than taking it away from a larger one.

Best bet would be to maybe add another round of qualification to accomodate the extra team.

It's a non-issue even then. Liverpool still have to beat Chelsea tommorow and then beat Milan in Istanbul before we get too carried away by it.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
YNWA guys. I'm going to try get some sleep, but it might be a bit tough with such a match to look forward to.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Seraph said:
no

Well Brom did dominate quite a lot durin the game, just that they couldn't score. It would be foolish to assume sidez battlin fo relegation are easy-beatz.

Crazy Horse

HSC
timbk2 said:
dying with anticipation for 2morro morning's game
Yea so am I! But if we lose - Gudjohnsen is going to be my most hated player.
Him getting Alonso booked by cheating - his going to be met by an angry Anfeild crowd. Especially considering Alonso missed out so much of this season already because of Lampard.

Wonder how the refs going to side tomorrow - or maybe not side at all. With the Anfeild crowd going off though....most likely going to be very intimidated.

^___^
HSC
Chelsea vs AC Milan final

not that i want Chelsea to go through
but the way they handle and response to pressure, will get them through

cos think about it, as soon as they take the lead (which they might since they will counter and sit deep while you guys will have to go gun ho), they will just sit back with 8men in front of the box

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
89 minutes 1-0 to us.... this may be my last post as I could suffer a heart attack any second now, most likely the second Chelsea nick a goal.. so pray they don't :p.. unless you hate me a lot. Fark 6 minutes of added time. What bull!!

Well done Liverpool, never been more proud to be a fan. Bring on Milan!

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
What the hell? I thought SBS was Live!? IVE ONLY SEEN THE FIRST HALF!

Ah usually I'd be so damn annoyed knowing the score but....................

BRING ON MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Hahahaha Gudjohnsen missed the golden chance in the last min, could've crossed fo Drogba too. And I really doubt Liverpoolz goal, didn't look like it completely crossed the line. But oh well, lookz like it waz destined to be Liverpoolz day.

I knew thiz waz gon happen, and watch PSV come back tomorrow. :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
damn go liverpool, didnt think they could do it. Mourinho is eating his words now , "We'll score 3"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)