Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
copious said:
Socceroos are gonna be under-done come the playoff, i can see it. you got the sth american teams playing regularly in the qualifiers against teams like brazil, and then you got us playing solomon islands. :(
I havn't really thought about that - I just can't wait to see who we'll be up against and attending the match.

As for Kewell - the fact his having surgery should help account as to why his played so bad the last little while. Hoping next season will be a different story...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
You mean his not having surgery. He was supposed to get the operation done last summer but foregoed it for no apparent reason. That's why he's struggled all year with it.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Benny_ said:
You mean his not having surgery. He was supposed to get the operation done last summer but foregoed it for no apparent reason. That's why he's struggled all year with it.
I read after coming off early in the CL final it was decided he would get surgery done...?

Maybe I got it completely wrong?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hmm speaking of qualifiers, is anyone gonna go watch the game at olympic park? I am, with my west ham jersey of course!

Crazy Horse

HSC
From memory it's in November meaning HSC exams....

But I'll still be there :D. Hoping to get front row seats!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
I would go, but it's so close to my fecking exams that I'd probably be too guilty to enjoy it.
Would you really miss it because of that? I understand exams are important and succeeding at school, uni or work should be a priority but wouldn't it make more sense to prepare notes for your exams beforehand and study during the weeks leading up to it? That way you would be already prepared and won’t feel to guilty. A few hours then won't matter too much - wouldn't your mind be on the game the entire time anyway?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Would you really miss it because of that? I understand exams are important and succeeding at school, uni or work should be a priority but wouldn't it make more sense to prepare notes for your exams beforehand and study during the weeks leading up to it? That way you would be already prepared and won’t feel to guilty. A few hours then won't matter too much - wouldn't your mind be on the game the entire time anyway?
I could go, but I'd probably start drinking as soon as I got there, or if we win to celebrate or lose to commiserate.

Bah, I'll probably end up going anyway.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
THE SUN

# Chelsea will "buy their way out" of the Frank Arnesen situation by handing Spurs £2m to try and avoid an official complaint and a possible three-point deduction.
# Edwin van der Sar will become the seventh keeper in six years to try and replace Peter Schmeichel at Manchester United.
# Real Madrid will make a £14m swoop for Arsenal left-back Ashley Cole NEXT summer.
# Real Madrid striker Raul rules out a rumoured move to Liverpool by saying that his future is in the Spanish league.

Haha The Sun iz so full of shit, 14mil fo Cole NEXT summer. Hahahaha

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Apparently Spurs are about to lodge an official complaint to the Premier League, so the first rumour isn't happening.

Wouldn't surprise me to hear Chelsea trying to bribe their way out of things. Not one bit, the dirty cunts.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
DAILY MIRROR

# Spurs are under pressure to report Chelsea over their alleged illegal approach for Frank Arnesen which could yet see the champions docked points if found guilty.

DAILY EXPRESS

# Spurs are preparing to let Chelsea off the hook and allow Frank Arnesen to join the champions in return for over £2m in compensation.

Well we'll just wait and see.

^___^
HSC
ahh

chelsea are targetting the right ppl, first kenyon(though he is a fucken fag, he is a pretty smart man to lead the club)
now Arnesen..hmm

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
But they're going all the wrong ways about it. Moneybags should leave the rest alone and stop thinking they're bigger than anyone else.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well there are still people they cant touch like shevchenko and i always thought adriano was untouchable...but we'll see in the future. what are the chances of a 70 mil+ move?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
West Ham striker Teddy Sheringham could be on his way to Australia to play in the Hyundai A-League.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=335110&cc=3436

-----

Oh yeah thats fucken awesome if he comes, my idol.

On another note it looks like Park will sign for Man utd. I suspect he wont get an immediate start, but the utd bench will look a bit more formidable this season if he signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)