Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
.. Lucio is good when he defends. He's just not around often enough to do that part of his job. :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
If Lucio scored wit that bicycle kick, it would've been one of the goalz of the century, better than van Bastenz volley in the European final fo sure.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
cuz i was feeling bored heres some compilations i found tonight:

for all you liverpool fans :
yes some1 actually bothered making a Carragher compilation
theres enough gerrard vids around...this is one of the newer ones

hectix, rubix, seraph, etc: Henry 04-05 and Henry 03-04

chelsea bandwagon jumpers: Robben Comp. and Lampard

In the shadow of the Glazers:
one of the newer Cristiano Ronaldo comps, the one and only wayne rooney, and a must watch: The title says it all

edit: van basten- what a legend... lucio hahaha

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Lucio came pretty close to scorin wit an overhead kick from an impossible angle, surely anyone would be happy about it, if it went in that iz.

If Sir Bobby sayz hez impressed by the Glazerz, then I'm relieved.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
i dont see why Australia could not benefit from an overseas coach... why is farina so against it ???

I mean look at Greece and the euro 2004!!!

T

timbk2

Teenage Liverpool triallist Jack Hobbs has one week to prove himself worthy of a place in Rafael Benitez's future plans.

The 16-year-old Lincoln defender will spend a week at Anfield from Monday before signing a permanent deal if the trial proves successful.

Liverpool beat off competition from Arsenal and Bolton to bring the 6ft 3in centre-half to Anfield after a proposed switch to Highbury broke down when the Gunners were believed to have refused to include a sell-on clause in the compensation package.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Rafa is doing well planning for the future. Hopefully he's as astute in sniffing out talent as Wenger is for the Gunners.

gonzales - 19
hobbs - 16
branagan - 16
roque - 16

Arsenal Guns for Julio Baptista

Looks like Arsene's giving up the ghost on Robinho, unless he wants a seriously congested strike force with Henry, Bergkamp (I know he's set to retire soon), Reyes, Van Persie, Robinho and Baptista. I guess Reyes would be converted to a permenant LM though, with Pires playing a smaller and smaller role as the season goes on. Oh well, if they can sign either one of the 2 Arsenal's gonna be looking damn good up front for the long haul.

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Benny_ said:
Rafa is doing well planning for the future. Hopefully he's as astute in sniffing out talent as Wenger is for the Gunners.

gonzales - 19
hobbs - 16
branagan - 16
roque - 16

Arsenal Guns for Julio Baptista

Looks like Arsene's giving up the ghost on Robinho, unless he wants a seriously congested strike force with Henry, Bergkamp (I know he's set to retire soon), Reyes, Van Persie, Robinho and Baptista. I guess Reyes would be converted to a permenant LM though, with Pires playing a smaller and smaller role as the season goes on. Oh well, if they can sign either one of the 2 Arsenal's gonna be looking damn good up front for the long haul.
Possibly a smokescreen for the real Brazilian signing. Plus it drives up the price Madrid have to pay. Win-win situation.

With Baptista, all we would need is a keeper, and watch out next season.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Seraph said:
i dont see why Australia could not benefit from an overseas coach... why is farina so against it ???

I mean look at Greece and the euro 2004!!!
Well I think he doez have a point, there aren't much time left fo a foreign coach to work on the squad befo the qualifierz.

In the longer term itz a diff story, but that'll be in another 4 yrz time.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Weird, in FM 2005 it's listed Baptista as a midfielder. Although he has the right stats for a forward as well, pretty much the right stats for everything.
My personal favourite player on FM.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I have FM05, but don't bother playin it. It doezn't appeal to me the same way az CM.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
DAILY MIRROR

# Middlesbrough are making a £5million move for Bayern Munich's England midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

# Chelsea have launched a charm offensive to persuade Hernan Crespo that he still has a future at Chelsea.

# Middlesbrough's new £1.8million signing Emanuel Pogatetz has been handed a six-month ban after breaking an opponent's leg while playing for Spartak Moscow. Manchester United's new owners have again pledged £100m over four years for transfers.

# Newcastle have made Manchester United striker Alan Smith their top transfer target.

# Chelsea and Spurs are set to do battle in the race to sign Anderlecht defender Vincent Kompany.

# Nicky Butt is in line for a move from Newcastle to Birmingham City.

# Georgia defender Kakha Kaladze has agreed a new deal with AC Milan after failing to tie up a move to Chelsea.

# Brazilian star Robinho will snub Chelsea to sign for Real Madrid.

# Wigan are set to follow Bolton's lead and buy Europe's bargain basement players after failing to land top British talent.

# Bolton are hoping to sign former Leicester 'keeper Ian Walker.

# Liverpool are preparing to offer Jamie Carragher a £20,000-a-week wage rise.

# Former Manchester City striker Nicolas Anelka wants to quit Fenerbahce after just six months in Turkey.

# Former Arsenal full-back Danny Karbassiyoon has joined Burnley on a free.

# Lee Clark is poised to join Leeds after being released by Fulham.

# West Ham have agreed a £3million deal to land BOTH Daniel Gabbidon and James Collins from Cardiff.

THE SUN

# Chelsea are confident of wrapping up a £20million deal for Manchester City's Shaun Wright-Phillips next week.

# West Ham are closing in on £3million deal for Cardiff defender Danny Gabbidon; they also want Belenenses defender Pedro Pele.

# Spurs defender Anthony Gardner is on his way to Charlton for £1.6million.

# Manchester United striker Louis Saha could be heading to Everton on a one-year loan deal.

# Birmingham are preparing a bid for Newcastle midfielder Nicky Butt.

# Liverpool have agreed to take Albacete whizzkid Mark Gonzalez, 20, on loan with a view to a £4.9million deal; he's sidelined until October though.

# Liverpool also linked with move for appropriately named Real Madrid youngster Ruben De La Red, 20.

# Wigan defender Nicky Eaden has completed a free transfer to Nottingham Forest.

# Middlesbrough midfielder Doriva has agreed a new one-year deal at the Riverside.

# Defender Jelle van Damme is the NINTH player to leave Southampton after relegation, joining Werder Bremen on loan.

DAILY STAR

# Newcastle preparing a £7million move for Manchester United striker Alan Smith.

# Louis Saha is the bait for Manchester United to land £20million-rated Lyon midfielder Michael Essien.

# Middlesbrough's new signing Emanuel Pogatetz could be banned for six months.

# Portsmouth will offer defender Linvoy Primus as bait to beat Middlesbrough to the signing of Norwich midfielder Damian Francis.

I know itz all BS, but I really hope that can be true.

HSC
Pretty disappointing to see Vieri leave Inter, though he did get a £6 million termination fee. We also let go Van Der Meyde to Monaco ... so yet another big season of change for Inter. We will sell off Emre, big up a striker and lose at least two defenders.

At least we've signed a quality left back in Pierre Wome from Brescia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)