Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Anyone who considers themselves a fan wants the team they support to win.:) As for the "have the goods but just dont win for some reason" statement - it takes more then a group of talented players to make a team - clearly demonstrated through Real Madrid.;)
n what may u be implying here dear?

neways...its disappointing gerrard isnt playing, but they can win, they have the players...but like diana sed...a team of champions dusnt make a champion team (well, not word 4 word)

Crazy Horse

HSC
jim_green said:
Gerrard out on Thursday against Juve.. we are so screwed.
I don’t get what all the fuss is about - Gerrard is out yes but it isn't the end of the world for the Reds. Like said before it takes more than one person to make a team.

Basically, Juve have to come and beat us now and I really think Liverpool can score there. Juve’s defence looked a little deep and concerned at our pace and now they have to change their entire game plan because they HAVE to win. What we have in our favour is that Alonso will be fit and will play. He is the only Liverpool player who knows how to slow the pace of the game and before he got injured he was controlling the pace of all our games, and running the show. I think he can help the Reds keep the ball better, which is something Liverpool have lacked for years although Benitez has stated he is working on it because if we keep hold, slow it down at vital times in the game, it can frustrate teams - especially ones who need the win.

Juve have a good 1st eleven but no depth like Milan or Chelsea do – so we should score over there. Zebina is out and it was him that compensated for the lack of Thurmas. Also Tacchinardi is suspended.
Thurmas got a good look at how dangerous Baros can be - After being out muscled by Baros twice, coupled with the fact that he couldn’t compete with pace, he dragged Juve’s defence so deep that it contributed to their demise. Him dragging them back brought them under pressure and hopefully will do so again.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
4 points between us and Everton - they have a tough couple of matches to play including United and Arsenal (if I remember correctly). So not too worried about it - should still beat them to 4th.

Who's whinging?
Pool already played Man U twice and lost both thiz season, they still got Arsenal away to play.

Az far az I'm concerned, a Liverpool witout Gerrard = shit.

Sorry itz hard fo me to sympathise wit Pool fanz. :D

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
jim_green said:
Gerrard out on Thursday against Juve.. we are so screwed.
Actually, i remember reading somewhere Liverpool's record without Stevie G is better than it is with him in the team! :cool:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Liverpool are still a good side without Gerrard.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them getting a result in Turin. Wouldn't mind it either, although I believe Juve are more likely to beat Chelsea so maybe it's better they go through.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Pool already played Man U twice and lost both thiz season, they still got Arsenal away to play.

Az far az I'm concerned, a Liverpool witout Gerrard = shit.

Sorry itz hard fo me to sympathise wit Pool fanz. :D
I was talking about Everton having to vs Man U this week and having to vs Arsenal soon as well.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see them getting a result in Turin. Wouldn't mind it either, although I believe Juve are more likely to beat Chelsea so maybe it's better they go through.
As much as I hate Chelsea im finding it really hard to figure out who I would rather see us vs in the semi's. Liverpool have a good record against Germany teams but I want to vs and beat Chelsea a great deal - i want us to beat them in Europe to make it all the better. Besides Chelsea are playing beautiful football and I love watching them - all in all I think im swinging more to wanting Chelski to go through.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Cisse is apparently going to Italy and will play if we need a goal in the last few minutes. Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. We need to get a goal over there, if we do I think we'll take the tie.

For the other matches, I think the 3 favourites: Milan, Chelsea and Lyon will still go through. Lyon vs Milan should be a classic of a semi-final.

T

timbk2

yea.. i dotn care if he doesnt play at all on thursday.... just that he's Back! ... and will be ready in the next week or 2. Him and alonso will be a major boost

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
yay! :)

go liverpoooooooooool. cisse, i hope the hype dulls his performance if he does come on...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah.. they'll be good just as a psychological boost for the team if nothing else.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Rofl cisse has not played for like 6 months

and he is going in against Juventus

hmm good luck to him lol

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Juve had one of the best defencez in Europe, until recently, so havin Cisse playin will be a boost to Juve.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Juve had one of the best defencez in Europe, until recently, so havin Cisse playin will be a boost to Juve.
hahahahaha.....damn, hope ur wrong....

l'pool should play as well as they did in the first half of the first round...

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Exactly that - they conceded 2 goals to us and 3 on the weekend - I mentioned earlier that they had problems with their defence and considering that Cisse will probably only play the last 15min then that shouldn't be too much of a worry for the Reds.

People stop slamming Liverpool's chances of a win because majority did that every step of the way and we've proved them wrong. Besides i'm starting to worry a little and thats not good.......

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Exactly that - they conceded 2 goals to us and 3 on the weekend - I mentioned earlier that they had problems with their defence and considering that Cisse will probably only play the last 15min then that shouldn't be too much of a worry for the Reds.

People stop slamming Liverpool's chances of a win because majority did that every step of the way and we've proved them wrong. Besides i'm starting to worry a little and thats not good.......
no..not good....not at all, when miss liverpool gets nervous n doubtful, lol, not good:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)