Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
lol holders Valencia were knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Steaua Bucharest on penalties 4-3 (2-2 AET), Baraja & di Vaio missing the spotkicks...

This season just keeps getting worse for Ranieri :(

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
... said:
haha..am i the only one that tipped Lyon??

20th February 2005, 01:03 PM

HeCtic said:
Bremen-Lyon

Lyon are my dark horses for the tournament, they were stunning in the group stages 17 goals and only one loss in 26 games in France. They're attack looks pretty awesome with Juninho Pernambucano, Sylvain Wiltord, Frau, Govou and Essien, plus Coupet's an excellent keeper who marshalls his defence well. Lyon should go through, but as always German teams always hang in there so it should be good.

Also, having d/l'd the game I never realised how good Abidal, Cris and Malouda were for Lyon. Especially Abidal. The rest of the team are pretty well known but these three shocked me with how good they are.

Lyon are a really solid team and whatever "Big" team plays them next round better not underestimate them. They are good.

Last edited:
T

timbk2

lol.. chelsea owned..
--------------------------------------------------------

Barca slam 'pathetic' losers Chelsea

Chelsea have been accused of being 'pathetic' bad losers following their Champions League defeat by Barcelona - and are set to face further embarrassment if UEFA throw out a claim that the Spanish club's coach Frank Rijkaard entered referee Anders Frisk's dressing room at half-time.

The Premiership leaders allege the Barca boss was spotted leaving the room used by the Swedish official.

UEFA have already said that their own tunnel representative witnessed nothing out of the ordinary during the half-time break and it is the Londoners who are likely to be on the receiving end of any punishment after failing to turn-up for the compulsory press conference after their 2-1 defeat.

The referee is not expected to include any of the alleged incidents in his report to UEFA - making Chelsea's case look wafer thin.

Barcelona assistant coach Henk Ten Cate has branded Chelsea's expected complaint to UEFA'pathetic'.

Ten Cate is also angry about a trick played by Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho before kick-off.

Mourinho predicted both starting line-ups, and left Damien Duff out insisting he was injured - but Duff played.

Ten Cate said: 'To react the way Chelsea have is pathetic. Mourinho lied with the line-ups - and now this.'

UEFA spokesman William Gaillard said:'Anders Frisk says Rijkaard greeted him and apologised he had not had the opportunity to say hello before the game.

'We had two UEFA officials there and neither witnessed it. The referee's dressing room was locked and he and his assistants were the only people allowed in.'

UEFA delegate Thomas Giordano added: 'The only unusual thing that happened as far as we are concerned is that Chelsea failed to present themselves in the press conference.

'Nothing abnormal happened at half-time - the coach of Barcelona said hello to the referee, which seems to us an act of someone who is polite and well-educated.'

Frisk was backed by UEFA's head of referees Jermund Nilsson, who said:'If the referee's observer thought something was wrong he would have said so. I am assured that Frisk did nothing wrong and from what I understand Chelsea have very definitely over reacted.'

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
timbk2 said:

Barca slam 'pathetic' losers Chelsea

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser. To be honest that's what makes this Chelsea squad good. They have a manager and senior players who refuse to lose and hate to concede. It's what they were missing under Ranieri last season.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
God damn that waz a close game wit Portsmouth, van Nistelrooy doezn't seem very sharp atm, but hiz first touch iz still world class.

I knew Arsenal will drop pointz against Southampton, oh well.

^___^
HSC
we get another game before chelsea gets to play their first league game

if we win, the points will be reduced to 3, even though chelski will then have 2games in hand

Crazy Horse

HSC
AcStyle* said:
lol holders Valencia were knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Steaua Bucharest on penalties 4-3 (2-2 AET), Baraja & di Vaio missing the spotkicks...

This season just keeps getting worse for Ranieri :(
Ranieri got the boot. I feel sorry for him - kinda.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Fark me, Timmy Cahill is class.

Liverpool can stick 'Arry where it don't shine, Cahill's the best Aussie in the Premiership.

Oh, and Mikel Arteta was awesome for Everton last night too. They've more chance of catching Arsenal than Liverpool have of catching them IMO.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
it seams everton arent missing gravesson as much as i thought they would ...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
RUB!X said:
it seams everton arent missing gravesson as much as i thought they would ...

Arteta and Cahill already look better footballer's than Tommy Graveson ever was. Now as long as one of em shaves their head and eats a few more pies, the blue's will be sorted as far as replacing him goes. And how the fuck did Leon Osman get so good all of a sudden? He was shit from what I saw of him before, but he's the mutts nuts this season.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeah, osman is playing awesome this season, i hadn't heard of him before this season ... cahill is defenetely one of the buys of the season ...

T

timbk2

get on the winamp ones quick. No lag watsoever.

currently playing Dundee vs. Aberdeen.. next match on the channel is the final.

matt#1

HSC
N/A

Crazy Horse

HSC
Carling Cup Results

If anyone intends to watch the match later on - dont look.

Chelsea 3 Liverpool 2. Steven Gerrard own goal! Mourinho was dismissed from the touchline for inciting Liverpool fans after the own goal.

I cant believe we lost. I honestly convinced myself we'd win. Damn! Damn Chelsea and Mourinho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)