Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Theatre of Delusions is where it's played. Actually apparently Liverpool have had a better away record against Utd in recent years than at home. I'm quite hopeful for a win actually. I think without being too biased, this will be the first time in a long time where we'll actually have a better team than Utd, mainly based on a superior CM pairing.

My prediction:

-Gerrard+Xabi will dominate Keane/DjembaDjemba/Kleberson+Scholes (3rd rates/has been+out of sorts)
-Josemi will have the out of touch Giggs covered, but ditto O'Shea and Finnan
-Garcia+Baros/Cisse will take apart the shambolic Silvestre/Brown and the out of touch Rio
-Hyypia+Carragher will have to be at their very best to keep out RVN and Smith, should be close
-Kewell + Riise vs Ronaldo + ?? (Who plays there with G. Neville gone?) will be a pretty -tight battle, with both wingers in form and neither fullbacks particularly brilliant

Finally both Dudek and Howard are play shite. To recapitulate, it should be fairly even, but Gerrard and Xabi should be the difference.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Fark that was one god awful display from the start to finish. Almost unrecognisable from the team that played midweek

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I still can't believe I woke up for that.

Liverpool looked like they had no desire, and the defending for their two goals was prett shoddy.

Xabi was great, and Ronaldo was all class. They needed someone to chop him down a few times earlier in the game like Cole did to him at the Euro's, cos after he got some confidence he was all over them.

I don't know what's happened to Harry, he was shite. Heinze was good too, and Rio basically had Cisse in his pocket for that game :eek: :eek:

Maybe Liverpool got stage fright because they didn't look up for it this moorning.

^___^
HSC
gerrad gornnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne

oh well, its a promising start for the lads, cept o'shea own goal, the dude has gotta stop scoring them!!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
good to see silvestre turning his form around....

maybe liverpool was too smug from beating the monaco team that wasnt even half as good as the champions league finalist last yr lol

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
was that the same team that v monaco?
omg v man utd pool was like shite!
what happened?
damn gerrard out for 2 months :(

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
... said:
go roy keane u animal!!!!
Good job he did on Liverpool, but still nowhere near his potential. Now if starts doing to teams what he did to that 16 year old we'll really be talking :)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
RUB!X said:
was that the same team that v monaco?
omg v man utd pool was like shite!
what happened?
damn gerrard out for 2 months :(
Fark, Stevie G out for 8wks, without hyperbole i can say Liverpool r stuffed :p

Unless of course, the lyks of Hamann, Bišcan and even Diao can lift their performances to Gerrard's echelon....

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Nah Xabi can almost do it all. He's as good a tackler, a better passer and is a arguably better shot than Gerrard, can't make those penatrating runs though. What Liverpool will miss is his presence more than anything else. Breaking those 8 weeks down Liverpool will be playing 3 Champions League games and 6 EPL. I'm actually fairly confident about the Champions League games because we've got Olympiakos and a badly out of form Deportivo (Valencia trashed them 5-1 last night) twice. In the EPL it'll be a much trickier business as we're playing 3 teams challenging for UEFA cup spots as well as Chelsea. It goes soemthing like: Norwich, Chelsea, Fulham, Charlton, Blackburn, Birmingham).

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
AcStyle* said:
Unless of course, the lyks of Hamann, Bišcan and even Diao can lift their performances to Gerrard's echelon....
fat chance

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
RUB!X said:
fat chance
Meh.. Xabi was absolutely dominant last night. Definitely didn't miss Gerrard one bit. Baros, Garcia and Cisse grabbing the goals. Still it'll be great when we have him back. 1 down, 8 to go.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Xabi had a 'Gerrard-esque' game against the Canaries yesterday, and was given a deserved standing ovation from the Kop when he was subbed in the 2nd half :)

V

vanbasten

It would have been cool if Aimar came in (damn pre-season transfer rumuors). With Aimar, who needs Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)