Soccer Thread 2004 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I agree with all of them except B'ham. They managed top 10 last season because they played "men behind the ball" for most of the game and countered. Now they have attacking players (transfers except Melchiot), they're going to concede goals.

Newcastle defenders will improve under Robson. So they're bound to close the gap.
Liverpool have a manager who knows what success is like.
Chelsea have a manager who won't do badly but won't win (because he doesn't understand the EPL game YET)
Man Utd should win it. Hope to see more of Fletch and Ronaldo.
Arsenal will not go through undefeated.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
flyin' said:
Drogba would be a mistake. (Forssell and Cole are both good enough, imo.) So fair enough.
nono! Drogba is one of the best in Europe. If he were to adapt well to EPL he would be first choice regardless, imo he is better than Kezman who is a goal machine

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But he's not what Chelsea are missing and need atm. I mean, at Marse, he couldn't win them games. But I'm sure Huth could lose a fair few.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
That's actually the kids size kit, but its still hella crap, only a diehard Reds fan would but that piece of shite. :p

The only Liverpool shirt i got is the ltd edn Champions League one they had a few yrs back, its got retro styling & 4 stars above the club crest signifying the 4 European Cups (now UCL) Lpool have won :cool:

How many have ManU or Arsenal won again? hehe :p

Last edited:

eyebrowman

HSC
haha chelsea are sooo gonna win it this season. and im not being biased in anyway at all haha :p

just hope they stop spending $ on midfileders and a buy a decent defender..and maybe a drogba :)

i dont really like mutu + crespo
eidur and kezman should be nice to see :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Chelsea have enough midfielders (considering how injury-proned their central midfielders are). They need a centre-back, preferably two. They have enough forwards. Don't worry, Mutu and Crespo won't get many games since they're as prolific as Heskey (but he didn't get much service and wasn't an out-and-out striker).

I think the kit designers are still owed money by the clubs, so this is revenge. A simple, black, white, or red would do, but yellow?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea is in negotiations with Marseille over Didier Drogba. The 26.7million pound bid was rejected. Damn how much do they wanna pay for him.

Chelsea is not really investing in defenders, just Ferreira that Mourinho brought with him from Porto. Another Real Madrid as it seems, but with a mastermind coach. London derby with Arsenal should again be very interesting. But first match is Chelsea vs Man U, can't wait to see that one.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The last I head of it, it was 18 million, and I think they're prepared to go up to 22 million.

Chelsea already have actual defenders, so their defense isn't such a worry. Man U should manage an opening draw. Be prepared to see a Chelsea disjointed.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well seeing how everyone knows how loaded Chelsea are I'm not surprised Marseille are attempting to fleece them.

I'm sure in the current depressed transfer market they wouldve been delighted with 18mill but we've seen how clubs love fucking with Chelsea, Madrid etc knowing how much money they have and are willing to spend. I wouldnt be surpries if he sells for 26-30 mill eventually.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
What surprised me was Kezman only costed 5 million.. And Drogba does have a good record in Europe (even if it's mainly UEFA Cup).

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Crespo is going to Milan (goal.com)

So it looks like Chelsea will sign Drogba..

i'd say win-win for both Rossoneri and Blues :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Sorry it was 26.7million euro, not pound.

Oh well Chelsea's full of cash and not even Real Madrid can compete with them in the transfer market if they were going all guns blazing. But that's a hell of a price that Marseille's asking for. They can buy 3 or 4 good players just from the profits they make from Drogba.

Chelsea's central defence last season has been Terry and Desailly. But now Desailly's been released, who's the other person in central defence. Also Melchiot's gone too, Ferreira replaces him but who takes the other centre back position?

eyebrowman

HSC
desaily hasnt really done much in the past season..(haha remember his airkick in euro :p )
and the other centre back is gallas?

haha look! 6 goalies for chelsea!

Carlo Cudicini

Neil Sullivan

Petr Cech

Yves Makaba Makalamby

Marco Ambrosio

Jurgen Macho

hahaha wttffff!!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Oh yeah that's right Gallas. Too many ppl in Chelsea can't remember their names LoL.

Abramovich is really building something. So many employees. Man just the wages would be in the billions every year.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Carlo Cudicini / Petr Cech (First Team)

Neil Sullivan / Marco Ambrosio (Reserves/Under 19s)

Jurgen Macho / Yves Makaba Makalamby (At home sleeping :p)

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Tiago --> Chelsea..

another player thats not gonna see much of a football this season..

Chelsea's market policy is getting rediculous..

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo

Tiago --> Chelsea..

another player thats not gonna see much of a football this season..

Chelsea's market policy is getting rediculous..

Only just getting ridiculous eh? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)