Soccer Thread 2004 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by RUB!X
how about the netherlands?
they are chokers

but if they can perform..they are the team to avoid...

u cannot underestimate the lieks of kluivert, van der farrt, davis...but their weakest link is defence

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
if their on their unstoppable, if not they can easily be beaten ... they need consistency

Last edited:

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
france will once again dominate, just a matter of them possible faultering, ie - world cup

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by reno2004
france will once again dominate, just a matter of them possible faultering, ie - world cup
they have a few weakness..

france still requires Zidane's flair and skill when playing against big teams...unlike Italy, say if Totti is injuried, they still have cover capable of destorying big teams..

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!

Figo-RuiCosta-Costinha-Deco

best (IMO) midfield in Euro :)

vamos vermelho e verde!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
france flopped in the world cup cos they couldnt buy a goal. their two star playmakers zizou and pires were both crocked at the same time and they had to play duggary as their pivot. this summer they should be a lot stronger, especially since anelka has apologised to santini and might make the squad again, and with the emergence of mexes to replace desailly in defence.

home advantage is still huge so i'd go with a winner out of portugal, france,germany and italy.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
well i just watched Bilbo - Real Madrid (4-2) and i am still baffled as to why anyone would support Madrid..

for a start;

Figo does little more than try some Cristiano-Ronaldo inspired tricks and lose possession. His only high point was a shot that was tipped over the bar.

Beckham still plays like he's in England. Long balls and textbook passing.. boring. And seriously he looks like a woman, Maradona was right.

The players who put in the most effort (Solari, Guti) are the ones that get treated like shit while the other stars can do fk-all all game and get praised for their 'integrity'..

biggest point: they have NO defence. Its embarrassing. Ivan Helguera belongs in the Liga division 2. Even the kid "Meija" was better than him, and he was crap too. To make it worse Roberto Carlos spends about 5% of the match in his own half and when he is defending he gets shat on anyway.. Same for Salgado, i think he was at fault in some way or other for at least 2 Bilbo goals. Even the commentators were pointing out the "mismanagement" in neglecting the defence of decent players.

and finally, they got at least 80% of the decisions their way. rediculous.

Unless they pull something out of their ass, i can't see them getting past Monaco in the CL..

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lols... i agree reynaldo!
germany has no chance of winning euro 2004... with ballack out of sorts atm... it is hard to see them getting past semis
netherlands and portugal struggle in big matches and france can be in-consistant (wc2002) ...
italy has a big chance...

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
France all the way...
n hey peeps lets start talkin bout the nsl coz they ve been gettin good crowds at there games :D lol... n did ne1 c the game btw Perth an Parra Power lol wat bout the game btw Adelaide an Sth Mlbourne an extra time goal... whoa

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
NSL is the most amatuer national competition since the Afghanistan Liga..

seriously, these guys play like its a local weekend comp. The level of technical ability can be equated with Lithuania's under 12 side.

THAT is why soccer is small-time in this country - a shithouse league full of shithouse players.

-----

on a positive note tomorrow is Pakistan National Day :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
on a more brighter note, turkey is coming down for 2 games at Aussie Stadium in Sydney on Friday, May 21 and at the Telstra Dome in Melbourne on Monday, May 24. Depending on who decides to show up, i might get some tickets and go watch it.

also, alot of soccer is gonna be on sbs in the next couple of weeks.

LIVE UEFA Champions Lge
AC MILAN v DEP LA CORUNA
Wed, Mar 24 @ 6.30am (aest)
[LIVE in NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS - delayed to other states]
CHELSEA v ARSENAL
Thurs, Mar 25 @ 10.00pm
[Delayed]

LIVE FA Cup Semi Finals
MAN UNITED v ARSENAL
Sat, April 3 @ 8.30pm (aest)
MILWALL v SUNDERLAND
Sun, April 4 @ 9.55pm (aest)
[LIVE in NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS - delayed to other states

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lolz, rofl :)
its all too true reynaldo ...
i hear that the NSL want only 8 teams for next season ...

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
8 teams!!!!!, thats not a competition. They might as well go back to state league, instead of a 8 team national competition

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
man big game this week in the epl, Arsenal v Man U, hope sbs shows it... an wtf is sbs doin bloody hell they hafta put the Arsenal an Chelsea game on Thursday night, y cant it be in the mornin lol, coz i got an assess on Firday ffs...looks like im gonna hafta tape it :p

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
hmmm. the newest rumour is ottmar hitzfelt from bayern munich to chelsea ... i hear sven and roman are close ... whats with that?

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Wenger For Manager of the SEASON!!!!!!!!

NOT A RUMOUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)