soccer!! (1 Viewer)

veridis

droog
HSC
ok the offside rule. when the ref gets lazy and stops paying attention for a few second upon resuming focus on the game he will often stop play. as this stop would usualy be inexpicable so to avoid embarassment he invokes the offside rule. this allows the ref to give the defending team a freekick whenever he so desires as nobody realy gets what the proper rules for it are meant to be. even if somebody did take time to figure it out the offside rule FIFA decides to change interpretations of it every 2nd year so they're screwed anyway.

if -you are standing closer to the opponants goal line than 10 or more of the opponantsand the ball(ie only 1 or 0 opponants closer than you)
-the ball is propelled forwards by a teammate
and
-you influence play(as in recieve the pass or are close enough to have distracted the keeper or a defender) then the opposing team gets a free kick.

also its worthwhile noting that it only matters where you are when the ball is kicked, in line with the last defender is onside until there's daylight between you(ie you cant be offside if only your arm is, whole body must be offside), cant be offside from a throw as stated, but you can be offside off a deflection even if your teammate didnt mean it

matt#1

HSC
N/A
veridis said:
ok the offside rule. when the ref gets lazy and stops paying attention for a few second upon resuming focus on the game he will often stop play. as this stop would usualy be inexpicable so to avoid embarassment he invokes the offside rule. this allows the ref to give the defending team a freekick whenever he so desires as nobody realy gets what the proper rules for it are meant to be. even if somebody did take time to figure it out the offside rule FIFA decides to change interpretations of it every 2nd year so they're screwed anyway.

if -you are standing closer to the opponants goal line than 10 or more of the opponantsand the ball(ie only 1 or 0 opponants closer than you)
-the ball is propelled forwards by a teammate
and
-you influence play(as in recieve the pass or are close enough to have distracted the keeper or a defender) then the opposing team gets a free kick.

also its worthwhile noting that it only matters where you are when the ball is kicked, in line with the last defender is onside until there's daylight between you(ie you cant be offside if only your arm is, whole body must be offside), cant be offside from a throw as stated, but you can be offside off a deflection even if your teammate didnt mean it
...maybe we should teach her how to kick a ball first...

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
yes please.
i didnt read that whole offside thing but thought the first part of it was funny with the rep not payin attention..... even the rep cant b bothered watching, i am gonna love this game so so much ;)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
beccaxx said:
yes please.
i didnt read that whole offside thing but thought the first part of it was funny with the rep not payin attention..... even the rep cant b bothered watching, i am gonna love this game so so much ;)
firstly, its ref and not rep, and secondly....he was joking about the refs not paying attention during games....though judging by some of the ridiculous decisions they make, it certainly does seem like they lose concentration sometimes.

slip

HSC
yeh ok kicking the ball. most important thing is to make your passes firm.

when your passing to a team mate, along the ground over short distances, or when you have plenty of time you want to use the insiide of your foot, just kicking through the ball. if your kicking with your right your left foot should be placed next to the ball with your toes pointing in the direction you wish to pass. and vise versa for left foot kicks.

when kicking longer distances(in the air) you use a similar technique except you try and hit under the ball a bit and use either thhe laces(really hard drive) or bascially the area around(just above and including your big toe) this will result in the ball curving through the air.

oh yeh an when you dribble try to keep the ball close to you, lots of small touches, dont kick it to far ahead of you.

slip

HSC
only if you come watch me!!

who are you playing for?

im playing for uni, comp starts in 4 weeks, we started training last night...

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i dunno my team name
i think macquarie united or somethin
me n some gals wer gonna go watch the uni boys neways *mmm yum* so u shall hav 2 tell me ur #. (as in jersey #, not askin 4 ur mob!)
wat u doin @ newy uni? i am there 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)