Social and Ethical issues (1 Viewer)

Gator

HSC
IM doing a speech on the social and ethical issues on ergonomics. any points that i should bring up.

annieclassof06

just.... shiny!
HSC
Gator said:
IM doing a speech on the social and ethical issues on ergonomics. any points that i should bring up.
at least u dont hav 2 do a 10-15 page essay on social and ethical issues of COMPUTING in general. at my school the teacher is so tough ................. damn him!

Well i hav so many notes on it when I get around to it I could type up my assignment and ill send you a copy asap if you like.

annie

<anniehasfluffyslippers@hotmail.com>

HSC
Gator said:
I always thought ergonomics WAS a social and ethical issue.
You'd be talking about, If someone bought a crap desk chair and broke their back and can no longer forfill their duties. In which the boss terminates their contract with the company. They are also ETHNIC and had copyright laws on all his documents that the boss is now file sharing across the network....

BAM SOCIAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES 101!

annieclassof06

just.... shiny!
HSC
It is ...... your right! For example: my position is terrible. Hunched over my laptop with little to no light.

Hey digitalfortress your taking the same subjects as me except im also taking Legal

Gator

HSC
thanks

ok kool ill do that my email is

<luke_gaiter@hotmail.com>

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
social and ethical issues on ergonomics speech - thats bound to be riveting, am sorry to miss it but make sure u discuss

Health/safety of all participants - effect that design and arrangement of workplace can have on the people who use them, variety of tasks with suitable breaks
furniture - desk/chairs placement, size, adjustability (so they are suitable for everyone that has to use them small and large)
IT - placement/adjustability of equipment, software thats easy to use, should minimise movement
environmental factors - noise, lighting, climate, humidity

maybe touch on
equity issues - cost of buying equipment - who gets the new equipment?
gender issues - computers "technical", perceived male domain

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
blah i hate social and ethical issues, the ones i have on my computer r the HSC ones which are a bit different...wat book r u using...hienmann is good 4 social and ethical issues

rabdog

ert
HSC
N/A
Is this the same as Information Processing and Management in VIC?

You may want to talk about some of the following:
recommended safe distance from monitor to reduce risk of radiation: 30cm
posture on chair: back should be straight, cushioned chair, legs at 90 degree angle, 20 degree angle from your eyes to the centre of the monitor.
If someone is injured because of a lack of suitable equipment to work on for long periods of time, then the organisation can be held accountable etc.. chair should be adjustable up and down..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)