Social effects of getting a 99+ atar? (1 Viewer)

ParraEelz

HSC
What differences did you experience after getting 99+ atar?

Do people start to take notice of you? Do you get ignored?
Do people get jealous? Do you form more fake friends?

Share your experiences.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
99 atar is not wat ur lookin 4 buddy wat u need is medicine cuz in Australia first u get da med then u get the power then u get tha wimen

studybuddy101

HSC
I would say the average person is impressed by anything 90+, anything beyond that reduces the amount of people who can discern between a 99 and a 95 student etc . However in answer to your question, real friends wouldn't care what your atar is and beyond the initial "oh wow" reaction and identification as "the smart kid" most school leavers couldn't care less about a number with two decimal places in the long run. They really just care how you act in front of them (that's the real test people use when they meet someone, not the atar).

interested as to what other people think though, cool idea OP. If i can add, how long did it take everyone to get over their atar? by the same afternoon i really stopped caring about it, but perhaps that's because i knew i would get into my course, dunno.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
WTF question is this? The only differences of someone getting 99+ would include:

1) Getting a good scholarship
2) Pretty much guaranteed entry into the course they want

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Yer when I got 99.95 I ended up being kicked out of home and losing all my friends + my girlfriends all dumped me.

Sucks but whatever, I got a higher ATAR than them so all good.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Yer when I got 99.95 I ended up being kicked out of home and losing all my friends + my girlfriends all dumped me.

Sucks but whatever, I got a higher ATAR than them so all good.
You are one unlucky, lucky guy.

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC
Not only was I glorified within my own community, but surpassing 99 was merely a facet of my achievement. Achieving 150 with a number of bonus point schemes has allowed me to infiltrate into the best universities of not just Australia, but the world. I am now a picturesque one-man unit walking the streets of Sydney, and my brand new mansion consequent of my ATAR offsets me so well, as I statuesquely stand in front of it. I am truly thanked everyday in my community for working so hard, because we know a high ATAR becomes an inherited characteristic of our children.

Or... you could come back to Earth and realise that getting a 99 ATAR needs solid, though not inhumane, effort, and that no one in your community will care other than your family, and even that's not guaranteed. It's just a means of entering university and everyone gets over it a few weeks later.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Not only was I glorified within my own community, but surpassing 99 was merely a facet of my achievement. Achieving 150 with a number of bonus point schemes has allowed me to infiltrate into the best universities of not just Australia, but the world. I am now a picturesque one-man unit walking the streets of Sydney, and my brand new mansion consequent of my ATAR offsets me so well, as I statuesquely stand in front of it. I am truly thanked everyday in my community for working so hard, because we know a high ATAR becomes an inherited characteristic of our children.

Or... you could come back to Earth and realise that getting a 99 ATAR needs solid, though not inhumane, effort, and that no one in your community will care other than your family, and even that's not guaranteed. It's just a means of entering university and everyone gets over it a few weeks later.
Whoaa congrats on your 150 Atar!!

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
What differences did you experience after getting 99+ atar?

Do people start to take notice of you? Do you get ignored?
Do people get jealous? Do you form more fake friends?

Share your experiences.
I raked bitches in with my many state ranks and had a massive ceremony celebrating how much better I was than everyone. that was da life

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC
00fttt soz cant top dat 150 atar (with no bonus points i assume)

pfft 24DD chest lol thats pathetic
well sucks to be you, you can be average in society... A V E R A G E

pls, excuse me, the NSW breasts association recently conducted a study and found that my tits are bigger than 3/4 of the female population, so unless you're in that gifted 1/4, don't say pathetic

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Social effects of getting 99+ atar: You could still end up having no life skills. And obvs, your Lee Sin mechanics won't be as good as mine.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
getting 99 atar allows you to get 100 girls at tutoring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)