Social effects of getting a 99+ atar? (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Everyone in my family and my family friends thought I was average during my highschool years..then when I tell them my ATAR they suddenly changed their whole attitude towards me. When I told them I made it into USyd Law, they were extremely surprised lol, and I tend to get listened to and more respected at family get togethers.
Kinda happened with me.

Got the highest out of 50 friends and family and all of a sudden I'm noticed.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Gosh I know one (one extremely cocky dude who thinks he knows everything) who had an ATAR of the early 70s and obvious his only choice is UWS Engineering, but wants UNSW Engineering during transfer of 2nd year because of it's higher difficulty, thus better outcome overall.

Gee relax, you haven't even started fucken uni yet and made all those assumptions. I wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't make it in after the transfer with pass average @ UWS.

bangladesh

HSC
99+ gets you all the ladies.

All the middle-aged and old Asian ladies that is cause your mum is most likely going to start calling all her friends and your relatives just to brag about it.
this. couldn't have said it better LOLOL

Red_of_Head

HSC
This thread just demonstrates the immense hype and emphasis placed on getting a good ATAR (which is largely misplaced in my view).
This. A family friend absolutely bombed his HSC, I think he got in the 60s or 70s for his UAI. He now has a PhD in Maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)