Society and Culture Movie Study (1 Viewer)

AllTimeLow

HSC
Hi Guys

For one of my assessments I have to write a report, which is fine, on a movie and write about two concepts; either power, authority, gender or technology. That part is fine, I can write the report without too much problem. But I have no idea what movie to study.

We have watched "The Witness" and "Nell" and I didn't like "The Witness" I didn't find it was at all something I could write about, and "Nell" was plain confusing, and hard to write about.

I was thinking about analysing "10 Things I Hate About You" but I have no idea if that'd be appropriate or not.

So I was wondering, if you have any suggestions of what I should watch. If you do, could you let me know? I'd really appreciate it, and it'd help me a lot.

I'd ask my teacher, but he's on stress leave - not my fault - so I'm kind of stuck.

Take care
x

feralfunhouse

HSC
Not too sure about my suggestion here, but the movie, "The Island", starring Ewan Mcgregor came to mind as soon as I read your post. The movie is about clones who are created in case they might become useful to the humans that they were cloned for, e.g body parts that might be needed say the original got cancer, etc. The clones are contained in a facility where everything they do, right down to what they wear, has to be approved of by those in control. I guess it looks at technology and power...
Also, the movie Blade Runner, perhaps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)