Society and Culture...what happened (1 Viewer)

kristy_lee26

HSC
I love society and usually go really well... got 90 for trial, and i knew i hadn't gone to well in my exam but wasn't expecting a HSC mark of 83!

I am really not happy with it and i thought my PIP was really good... maybe i am just being biased, lol!

What did everyone else get? Does anyone know when the info about the PIPs are released, like who one the award etc?

freaked

HSC
83 is good. I think you should be pleased with that mark.
I went from high 80s in my trial and school assessments to 59 for the HSC results.
I don't know if my PIP was really bad or I flunked the exam.

kristy_lee26

HSC
thankgod the first person who didn't recieve a 90 something, everyone else on the oother forums have got like 90... oh i wish i had that score

purplemonkey

HSC
Society

Theres an award for the PIP? Man I hated that thing sooooo much....my topic was alright (animal rights) but it was just so shit to have to fit it in with Society and Culture....the exam was weird, esp that future forecasting bullshit, we never learnt that...ass wipe teacher grrr

rachie259

so agree

hey.. yeah i did society and culture and my mark was worse than i expected.. i ended up with an 80 but got 90's in like every assessment and stuff... i lost heaps of marks cause of my class... i did have an internal mark of 88 but cause my class went so bad as a whole, it got dropped to 80, while they all got and extra few marks cause i pulled them up....
i think a protest is in order :p

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
As far as I know, the PIP awards have not been released yet.

The opposite happened to me. I went crap in my trial, after coming first in society all year and got 89 and then that motivated to kick some butt in the HSC and I ended up with 99 + 7th in the state. If I hadn't been equal first it would have been a higher ranking but oh well.

cataleptic

HSC
I got 91, and I'm happy. I just wanted 90 or over, and I was really happy with that exam.

I thought my PIP was really good too. Not big noting myself, but I put so much work into it and my teacher/faculty was so impressed with it. I wish we could get our PIP marks seperately.

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
i hvae been gettin like 70% all yr but comin first and second in all assessments and exams, my teacher was unsure about my pip (on art and society) and forecast that i'd get like a low band 5 at most.... i got 94!!!

i was totally shocked and astounded... i cant remember the exam except that i bullshitted alot cos i couldnt be fucked!!

pig_93

HSC
i got about what i thought ... 86.
well remember how dodgy the short answers were guys....

and also, only 7.15% got band 6 i believe (though 21.32 got band 5...huge dif)

kristy_lee26

HSC
yeah i came from a crap class where no one worked, i end up finishing my worst enemies Pip ( cos i love my teacher). My assesment mark given to the bos was 91, my teacher has now confirmed that also, and my mark was brought down to an 83 for assesment...resulting in my 83 Hsc results. Now how crap is that!

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I came first in my class for the entire two year period and ended up with 90. Which I'm pleased with, because I thought I'd stuffed up the Continuity&Change question badly. Guess I didn't, which is nice. I want my PIP back though!

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
kristy_lee26 said:
yeah i came from a crap class where no one worked, i end up finishing my worst enemies Pip ( cos i love my teacher). My assesment mark given to the bos was 91, my teacher has now confirmed that also, and my mark was brought down to an 83 for assesment...resulting in my 83 Hsc results. Now how crap is that!
:confused:
Why was it brought down so much? Would it be because the highest exam mark was 93? The internal mark my teacher submitted was 90 and that was brought up to 92.

snickerdoodle said:
I want my PIP back though!
Your teacher should have your PIP back by now. I picked mine up on Friday. Give your teacher a call and see if you can go to your school on Monday (if it's open) to get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)