Society revision ideas and notes (1 Viewer)

ashimation

HSC
I'd just like to point out that if you are not doing the topics (change and continuity -vietnam etc) of electives in the heinneman textbook, you are paying $50 for about 18 pages relevant to you...

same goes for excel, though I'm not sure what topics in that are...

I second whoever quoted the Sydney Morning Herald as a textbook -- being aware of current issues/events is one of the best things you can do for S&C -- that and learning to apply the concepts to your topics...

jaihson

HSC
ashimation said:
I'd just like to point out that if you are not doing the topics (change and continuity -vietnam etc) of electives in the heinneman textbook, you are paying $50 for about 18 pages relevant to you...

same goes for excel, though I'm not sure what topics in that are...
Ar....no. I personally found the excel textbook very useful even though i didnt study the topics within it. It was good to see the way the depth study or topic was treated, and then i could apply that to my own analysis.

But yeah, try getting photocopies before u go buy it.

Last edited:

nahian

HSC
The excel textbook rambles on about so much irrelevant shit its not funny
esp. for continuity+change
however there are some very useful notes which can differentiate the band 5 and the badn 6 answers in terms of socio-cultural terms, terminology and in general, strengthening up any essay
this is just for the continuity+change part..
the focus studies in it suck on top of all the cons
heinemann is class

velbeen

HSC
Richwa said:
Well, Narara Valley High School is the luckiest school for HSC S&C as we have the Bernie Howitt, author of the Heinemann Textbook as our S&C teacher.

As for Jo, she was the smartest person in our schools history and was such a great S&C student that her work is the goal of all the S&C students at our school. She just had this such deep knowledge and understanding of all the concepts and just the course as a whole.

It is pretty cool that since our teacher wrote the syllabus, we can never go wrong!
I would have been so unbelivably jelous - I did S & C by distance and had such a hard time of it !

The examiners (and im sure your teachers) love stats and topical sources in essays so use them whenever your able to.

For studing and general understanding, I have all my summieries from last year which may I say are fantastic so email me if you want them. All i can tell you is essays, essays, essays - practice them and try to write eloquintly in 40 mins with losts of info

1. Continity and Change
2. Belief systems - Buddism
3. Inequality and Difference - Aboriginals

I got 99 and 5th in the state so they seemed to work for me . . .

fickletoe

HSC
NO WAY!
I thought Jo was some uber-perfect made-up modal for a textbook!
dang, and here i was kidding myself that i could never be that good, but obviously someone can.
HA.
Although this thread looks a couple of years old, I have also been told to have a look at Felicia Liebermann's textbook, anyone know about it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)