Sociology 1001- test? (1 Viewer)

jellybeenz

HSC
Anyone else a little nervous about this test? I guess I wouldn't be if I could bring myself to study.

wEe^Man

not nervous just got no idea..havent studied or looked at nething yet..dont even have to book ahha

viviena

rawr.
HSC
Just a little, but that's because I haven't finished all my readings. :) I still have to get my head around 'anomie' and all that, but 250 words a question doesn't seem too bad.

LazyBoy

HSC
yeah i guess ill study tommorow, on the train and in breaks on monday lol!

jellybeenz

HSC
I hate tests. I'm so not in the mood to study. I was sitting at my desk yesterday and I had flashbacks to the HSC which freaked me out so I gave up and went to have a glass of coke and a hot cross bun.

I know the first few questions because I actually listened in those lectures. But the rest I have no idea about. [/end whinging]

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah i should probably buy the textbooks hey..

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
jellybeenz said:
Anyone else a little nervous about this test? I guess I wouldn't be if I could bring myself to study.
this is so me, i just wish i could be fucked to actually pick up a book and read it instead of freaking out.

its not easy to have the arts mentality in the eco & bus faculty... i belong with you guys <33

jellybeenz

HSC
Don't become one of them! Learn to love the late night cram and join us Arts students.

Hmm... I got the first few questions under control... but the last 4... I'm fucked.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
they have tests in sclg?
i thought it was only the essays and presentations.... :S

jellybeenz

HSC
Yes there are tests. I said I begin to study at 9am............... I soooo don't want to.

Its boring and stupid. And I can't possibly learn this shit in time. Does anyone know what happens if you fail? Its worth 20%-- if I fail do I lose 20%? Or do I get part of it for just attempting the test?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i had that test today.
and i didn't start even looking at the stuff till 11 last night!
i screwed it up majorly, and they gave us the questions i didn't want. i only wrote 50 to 100 words on each and that's cos i TOTALLY blanked in the test, even tho i thought it was going to be ok cos i went to the lectures and listened.
We got these questions:
sociological imagination
modernity
post-modernity
anomie

HOWEVER, that was only for our class, each class has a different lot.
not at all happy.... at the moment i'm just praying i pass!

jellybeenz

HSC
Argh... One more question to find the answers to... Functionalist Sociology... wtf I swear I never heard that mentioned more than once. But that could have been becoz I was talking durign the lecture...

viviena

rawr.
HSC
jellybeenz said:
Does anyone know what happens if you fail?
All I know is that even if you fail, you still have the chance of passing the course if you do well enough in the other two assessments.

Functionalist Sociology is covered somewhere in the textbook readings for either last week or the week before that -- it might even appear in Holmes' 'Power' chapter, but I can't remember exactly...

Argh. I'm getting a bit nervous now. Too much time spent procrastinating. :D

jellybeenz

HSC
I wouldn't say brilliantly. I answered all the questions though. We got Identity, post-modernism, sociological imagination & functionalism.

I don't really know if this makes sense but I was worried about failing but I somehow didn't care enough to study.

Only time will tell.

jessum

HSC
i got those same questions... are u in my class? i sucked blah, i had a dream bout all the stuff i left out last night.
i have the asian tutor guy who wears crazy tight pants and babbles on about totally irrelevant stuff more often than not

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
jellybeenz said:
I don't really know if this makes sense but I was worried about failing but I somehow didn't care enough to study.
aha, sounds like my hsc.

jellybeenz

HSC
I don't even feel enough motivation to go to the lectures. If my friend from high school wasn't in my sociology ones I prolly wouldn't turn up at all-- I only go to them because I get to catch up on gossip with my friend.

oh and jessum-- my tutor is some chick named Lynda, so i guess im not in ur tute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)